SoulCalibur VI Storyline Theory Thread

She might be confirmed for launch since Hwang was confirmed by Vergeben. Mi-na could get the rest of Xiba's exclusive moves because Kong, Xianghua's father trained them both. Hwang & Yun - seong share the same story. They want to protect Korea from Japanese forces, but Hwang's good ending finds out Soul Edge is evil and throws them away. Yun - seong doesn't care if Soul Edge is evil. Yun - seong might be a skin & voice because Hwang was buried for a long time since SE. In SE, he was a Mitsu clone. In SCI, he was a Xianghua clone. In SCII-SCIV, he was replaced by Yun - seong(He appeared as Assassin in SCII & as a Bonus Character in SCIII), In SCV & The New Legends of Project Soul, none of the Koreans were mentioned or playable.
They actually were mentioned in a small box on The New Legends of Project Soul.

Stop/Slowing time=/= Being able to manipulate it at will, there is no reason to think it is possibility.

That and I'm going to blunt about making that a story point: it's DUMB. All it does is overcomplicate things for no good reason. So let's simplify matters here. The fact is, it makes sense for Zasalamel to make an appearance in SCI's storyline due to the overarching lore. Zasalamel is associated with the Soul Edge in lore, having been part of the tribe that watched over the Soul Calibur. Because of that I wouldn't be surprised if he gets involved with Xianghua's group due to her unknowingly holding the Soul Calibur. Furthermore this could lead him to conflict with Groh, Zasalamel having of course been a part of the original incarnation of Groh's group. Again, makes sense.

My guess is that SC6 may follow somewhat of the MK9 story structure.

In SC5, the first part of the ending from Patrolokos' story is that he killed Pyrrha. He wanted to undo this; somehow he magically traveled back in time to inform the Alexandra family about the future. He then search for his mother in order to warn about her outgoing fate.

Bottom line is he wanted to change the destined fate of his family.

They actually were mentioned in a small box on The New Legends of Project Soul.
You are correct:
latest

With Zasalamel being back theres no reason for him not to transport Viola into the past.

Just curious, but what need would Zasalamel have to transport Amy/Viola back to past for? We don't even know if he can actually travel back in time.

That and I'm going to blunt about making that a story point: it's DUMB. All it does is overcomplicate things for no good reason. So let's simplify matters here. The fact is, it makes sense for Zasalamel to make an appearance in SCI's storyline due to the overarching lore. Zasalamel is associated with the Soul Edge in lore, having been part of the tribe that watched over the Soul Calibur. Because of that I wouldn't be surprised if he gets involved with Xianghua's group due to her unknowingly holding the Soul Calibur. Furthermore this could lead him to conflict with Groh, Zasalamel having of course been a part of the original incarnation of Groh's group. Again, makes sense.

Yeah, you do have a point. Though, if Project Soul wants to connect SCV and SCVI together I think that they are going to do an ass-pull and say that he learned time travel and that is why we didn't get to see Zasalamel in the last game. Honestly though, this could just be the Zasalemel during the first game and maybe he is trying to learn how to time travel to get rid of his curse. Sadly for him, he just got to the point of only stopping time for a few moments. I do think that maybe they are probably implying time travel shenanigans, but seriously if they are doing this I don't want it to be a repeat how it was handled last time. That shit was really stupid.

We are getting Viola because she was the best thing about SC5. And theres no way to bring her in without being ham-fisted about the story unless you get someone like Zasalamel who is capable of doing so.

I dont know the story, but its likely that if shes back its his doing

And of course she has to come back because like I said, shes the best thing about SC5

We are getting Viola because she was the best thing about SC5. And theres no way to bring her in without being ham-fisted about the story unless you get someone like Zasalamel who is capable of doing so.

I dont know the story, but its likely that if shes back its his doing

And of course she has to come back because like I said, shes the best thing about SC5

Ok, I still don't know why Zasalamel would want to take her back in time with him personally (and again, assuming if he can actually go back in time at all.)

There is Edgemaster, who I think, according to SCV logic, could probably go back in time and take her with him or anyone. There was also the time when Pyrrha opened the Astral Chaos. Those are some other ways that Viola (or anyone) could go back in time.

And theres no way to bring her in without being ham-fisted about the story unless you get someone like Zasalamel who is capable of doing so.
If we would take for granted that Amy=Viola, then she could just become Viola much earlier in rebooted story. No need for silly time-travel shenanigans.

If we believe that twelve-thirteen year old Amy can master the spell orb fighting style, anyway. I like the idea of Amy's Soul Charge being tapping into some inner power that lets her use the spell orb temporarily but it's a bit wild and out of her control. But she'd still fight with the rapier normally.

If we believe that twelve-thirteen year old Amy can master the spell orb fighting style, anyway. I like the idea of Amy's Soul Charge being tapping into some inner power that lets her use the spell orb temporarily but it's a bit wild and out of her control. But she'd still fight with the rapier normally.

They could just ditch her rapier style and just have her use the orb style. The story reason they could use is when she was treating Raphael and while doing so got infected during the process she started to gain new powers from summoning an orb from thin air. Also, they could touch more on Amy's past since there isn't much we know about her. For example they could expand more on her birth parents and just say that one or both of them were able to wield magic. Somehow Soul Edge's influence just triggered her potential early. That way both Raphael and Amy can be in the game. Also, it can finally end the theory if Amy is Viola or not for good.

Yeah, you do have a point. Though, if Project Soul wants to connect SCV and SCVI together I think that they are going to do an ass-pull and say that he learned time travel and that is why we didn't get to see Zasalamel in the last game. Honestly though, this could just be the Zasalemel during the first game and maybe he is trying to learn how to time travel to get rid of his curse. Sadly for him, he just got to the point of only stopping time for a few moments. I do think that maybe they are probably implying time travel shenanigans, but seriously if they are doing this I don't want it to be a repeat how it was handled last time. That shit was really stupid.

They don't need to "connect" the games, they're already connected. All that Project Soul needs to do is foreshadow at stuff that would happen in V, like maybe Sophitia's storyline ending with the birth of Pyrrha, but hinting at the girl being born Malfested. That's really all they need. There's no point to bringing all the tangled BS back in all at once, that'll just leave another indecisive mess of a narrative like what happened with SCV.

I dont care how they do it but for the love of God please dont make soul charge Amy transform into Viola

If Cassandra being in is true, it seems to me that she might actually be the one from the original timeline who got sent back through Astral Chaos. I'd welcome her with a more hardened outlook rather than the hearts and ass-stomping.

Personally, I don’t think Zas will send anyone back or anything. Astral Chaos has explicitly been shown to be able to allow traveling across time. So my personal guess is that the original timeline, being SCV, gets to bad enough of a point for the world, and somebody feels they need to go back and change the past(very MK9 but it’s an easy out for soft reboots when they don’t want to ignore the other entries).

And I don’t think they will ignore the V or anything, because of those weird flashback things in the announcement trailer that showed other games. Those could have just been there for the sake of referencing the past games sure, but I don’t want to believe they were put there for nothing.

The tipping point, I think, will be whether or not we keep Astral Chaos as a concept. I know that it can be retrofit into the earlier games, but they didn't actually formally establish it officially until SoulCalibur V. If they keep it, then yes, both timelines can exist, and we might can have characters coming through it to different timelines and that sort of thing, but if they don't, then this would just be a reboot in the general sense of the word, or, at the very least, another timeline that isn't aware that the Astral Chaos exists, and thus cannot make use of it, only be manipulated by it, as was the case for the series before SoulCalibur V happened, where it would appear that Edge Master is able to control it to some extent.

I don't think that Zasalamel is some kind of time lord or anything like that, his ability to temporarily freeze time is just one of his magical abilities that he's mastered over being an immortal and studying his curse. But we still need to know more about the Aval Organization and their exact place in all this, if they're the ones who are manipulating the timelines if at all or if they're just an assassin guild, we really don't know enough to draw conclusions.

If Astral Chaos is supposedly a SCV concept, then how do you explain Inferno's stages?
Those weren’t explicitly stated to be Astral Chaos I don’t think? It could just be the same as Elysium’s stage, where it’s your consciousness transported to fight Soul Edge and Calibur’s consciousness.

If Astral Chaos is supposedly a SCV concept, then how do you explain Inferno's stages?
We know that Inferno's stages are Astral Chaos now, of course, but before SoulCalibur V, it was just some unknown dimension warp, which could have any number of explanations. By Astral Chaos being a SoulCalibur V concept, I mean the extent of its abilities, such as being able to go back in time.

Back