Weekly Famitsu Reveals Soulcalibur: Lost Swords

• Admin
So if you guys remember, back in July, Namco-Bandai registered a trademark for "Soulcalibur: Lost Swords". A week later, they wrapped up their Comic-con panel, and revealed absolutely nothing about the upcoming title. Well as of this week, the title has been officially revealed in Weekly Famitsu.

According to Gematsu, Soulcalibur: Lost Swords will be a Playstation 3 exclusive free-to-play game in the vein of Tekken Revolution. If its similar to their other F2P titles, the game will be "time-limited" where players must purchase tokens in order to continue playing the game beyond its initial demo hours. Not much more is known about the title, but it will most likely be a slightly modified version of Soulcalibur V.

SC-Lost-Swords-PS3-Ann.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
"Hey guys, Namco just announced something new for the SC series, check it out....."

"Whaaa whaa whaa, I hate it, it must be this and that and the other and not have my favorite characters and Namco didnt make this game exactly how I wanted it therefore it sucks and everyone who supports it sucks and ima go cut myself because Im 12 and my life is hard......"

Fuck You!!

Alright, 2am my place tomorrow night.

eat a dick snip

You (and quite a few others) tend to take your wild speculations and say things that you are not 100% sure of. That could be a CaS for any of those characters I mentioned. So until you know anything 100%, just SFTU

You (and quite a few others) tend to take your wild speculations and say things that you are not 100% sure of. That could CaS for any of those characters I mentioned. So until you know anything 100%, just SFTU
I never said i was 100% sure it's mitsu,just guessed it.
Why am i even replying?You're annoying as fuck,bye.

Another thing I noticed... Will it work similar to Tekken Revolution?

I'll probably wait for some more news later on. I'm very sure that SC6 will be in the works while they gather info with SC: F2P Edition. They're openly said that they were gonna use the Tekken version to make Tekken 7 better.

someone gets it! He sees the glass half full. You people should learn from him!! Bunch of fuckin no good hating on SC assholes!

damn, I just pulled a "moneymuffins" huh?
There is optimism, and then there are F2P games. I pretty much hate every one I've seen, but your suggestions for what it might be sound all right.

I still don't think it will be any good, but I'm not one to shoot down optimism.

Well, on the bright side, it may mean more music like Tekken Revolution.

And possibly more from SCV that was worked on. Maybe for SCVI, as Tekken Revolution is mainly a test run for TxSF, and it fits so well might I add.

Sad that's it's PS3 only, but....Microsoft is stingy, and us 360 players had to buy into it.

Damn you, Microsoft and DOA: XBV2!

There is optimism, and then there are F2P games. I pretty much hate every one I've seen, but your suggestions for what it might be sound all right.

I still don't think it will be any good, but I'm not one to shoot down optimism.

I can I mostly agree with you Chuck. Im not all that excited about a single player F2P fighting game. Just doesnt make sense to me, or to you. There are just to many details that havent come to light yet. All that we really know is....

1.SC:LS will be a F2P game on PSN only.

And thats pretty much it. Are we really gonna trust some dude that throws up some words on a un-official website, saying "single player only"? Im not. Im gonna wait till Namco announces something and I have full details of what it is. Right now.....its just a name.

Im just happy that Namco is still thinking about SC. Thats what really motivates me to get excited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back