Yoshimitsu Web Theater.

Hajime: While you collecting donations, enjoy , maybe you'll want to spend it elsewhere xDDD

Hajime: While you collecting donations, enjoy , maybe you'll want to spend it elsewhere xDDD

Man, watching this match led me to watch 2 hours straight of youtube vids of matches between people at Evo/Nats. I missed out on some truly epic shit. Belial you have the best Mitsu I've ever fucking seen in my life, you inspire me but I know I can never use those stances like that. Still, Hajime wasn't playing anything like he usually does, maybe he was star struck? LOL

From 5:04-to 5:13 on that belial vs hajime match makes absolutely no sense. I have to wonder what Hajime was thinking.

And every time I saw you do 1k, i cried on the inside. I was like "WHAT IS HE DOING!?"

Hell no. Were I there, I would gladly accept another MM. =) I pretty much defeated myself in this match. Call it fatigue, call it being off my game, or, in Belial's word, call it a whiny excuse. I do know I lost to myself that day as much as I lost to Belial. In other words, I played like shit. ^_^ Not to belittle your Mitsu, Belial, since it's damn solid.

From 5:04-to 5:13 on that belial vs hajime match makes absolutely no sense. I have to wonder what Hajime was thinking.

And every time I saw you do 1k, i cried on the inside. I was like "WHAT IS HE DOING!?"

5:04-5:13 I went into drunken stance. The low forced the auto-dodge into FLE, which resulted in me getting rung out. You and I both know it's a great panic button. Obviously mileage will vary based on the strong used. Lows into mids = bad result sometimes. =(

There were several glaring mis-inputs on my part including those 1Ks.

Let's link to happier stuff!

Call it fatigue, call it being off my game, or, in Belial's word, call it a whiny excuse. I do know I lost to myself that day as much as I lost to Belial. In other words, I played like shit. ^_^...

There were several glaring mis-inputs on my part including those 1Ks.
Few facts about myself:
1) I'm never fatigued. Even after hanging out all night with Thugish and Maxx. I sit down and play at 100%! Yay me!
2) I'm never off my game. Like I even know what it is?! Or is it like a split personality? At nights your noobie-doobie takes over and you can't... resist... the... desire... to... mash... urgh.
3) I never play like shit too. B/c.. well, "shit" cant play! (well unless you get high, but I dont)
4) I never
PS: For NoFace - ^ this is sarcasm ^

Few facts about myself:
1) I'm never fatigued. Even after hanging out all night with Thugish and Maxx. I sit down and play at 100%! Yay me!
2) I'm never off my game. Like I even know what it is?! Or is it like a split personality? At nights your noobie-doobie takes over and you can't... resist... the... desire... to... mash... urgh.
3) I never play like shit too. B/c.. well, "shit" cant play! (well unless you get high, but I dont)
4) I never

@ Belial: I disagree.

@ Hajime: Wow you sound like me after I got plowed by DK. Maybe you did have a bad day, maybe you are just making excuses. Too bad you don't normally play on an Xbox controller, it makes a great excuse (teehee). Anyway I hope you get to fight Belial again. Win or Lose, I hope next time you are at peace with yourself, knowing you did your best.

Few facts about myself:
4) I never
PS: For NoFace - ^ this is sarcasm ^

Yeah, yeah. We've heard it all before. You're amazing, fantastic, mind-blowingly skilled. Blah blah. Replace the word "Tribes" with "Belial posts". Hopefully the Europeans here understand American Idioms or it's all been to waste!

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2002/12/13/

PS: My sarcastic response. ^_^

NoFace: Thanks.

Okay! Thread derailed enough! Someone post more vids!

Last two vids of the First to 5 matches against Keev weren't working -> fixed
Part1:
Part2:

Set 3 coming soon, followed by Furzy VS Saitoh (Asta, Kilik)

is it just me or should DTN's tactics not be working its like 70% punishable lows

If it keeps working in his local area he'll keep doing it. That's why you see him still trying 3B, a:B+K, 8A+Bg. Even when it misses, he keeps trying to do it because it's either 1) all he knows or 2) he's just not thinking fast enough to adapt. I'd like to think the latter, considering DTN's reputation.

DTN doing well at Cannes is really dependent on how well he changes his game up once he faces an opponent who knows how to deal with and punish his risky stuff.

That's pretty much how all Yoshi players have to evolve in this game. You dominate with something stupid (i.e. DGF, iFC 3K, etc.) until someone who knows better starts calling you on your shit. You then either dig deeper and switch up your game or you fall apart because you have no idea what to do to win.

That's pretty much how all Yoshi players have to evolve in this game. You dominate with something stupid (i.e. DGF, iFC 3K, etc.) until someone who knows better starts calling you on your shit. You then either dig deeper and switch up your game or you fall apart because you have no idea what to do to win.

+1
Very good post, Hajime! I've seen that happen so many times. I cant describe it better.

Lol belial I knew that you were just joking, I was posting mostly for hajime's sake.

He needs a boost of confidence!

he's just not thinking fast enough to adapt. I'd like to think the latter, considering DTN's reputation.
I respect you for having a good Yoshi, but you should really not be so fast in taking conclusions.
DTN hasn't been a top player for ten years just out of luck.

Sure he does unsafe/non guaranteed stuff. So what? This IS adaptation. Taking all the easy damage opportunities you can get as long as you can makes complete sense ! Just like I prefer to use Amy's 2A+B instead of 2B+K against opponents who have trouble blocking it, since it's safe and step killer !

Right!

His Yoshimitsu isn't perfect (actually quite good) but Dan has so much better reflexes than most of the people. You could have a better game but you'll never beat him easily.

I agree with Hajime on this. He was merely saying that DTN keeps doing 8A+B even though its not hitting some ppl EVER.
Nobody's taking anything away from DTN. Dont get defencive all of a sudden. But he's not perfect either, nobody is (I am nobody xD). I think HO and Babalook notice were on spot. There is no some esotherical magic behind DTN's strategy. It is working (why would I kick when I've got shoryuken?) b/c people he play with get hit by this (crap), once it stop working, we are all certain that DTN will adjust, adapt and keep on beasting. But right now there is nothing to learn from his strategy for Yoshi players and observers.

Belial basically summed it up. I respect DTN. I know DTN is a good player, but there's no reason to do 8A+Bg over and over if it doesn't hit. Regardless, I know he is capable of adapting, but it's clear he's not doing so in the video.

For example, let's say there's a video where Belial OCVs a team, but during the matches he keeps doing 2KB. Eventually he gets punished for his 2KB spam, but his overall, gimmicky (hah, kidding) skill with Mitsu helps him win in the end. After watching the video, I'd say, "What the hell is Belial doing? Why would he keep doing 2KB when it's clear his opponents can block it on sight now?" I'm sure everyone would agree with that statement and know Belial is capable of learning to stop 2KBing (we can hope). (Nah, Belial's a cool guy).

ok, I understand what you mean.

His brother Mark Nikil is a very bad coach ^_____^
Bouhhhhh !!

Back