Yoshimitsu Web Theater.

lulz:

i hope the french don´t mind me posting these here.

SPOILER:

DTN fuckin´ OCVed ´em with Yoshi. good to see.

Good matches flask, DTN is solid overall... I just don´t understand why the abuse of SDGFG_4 after 3B,a:B+K... They were afraid of that, even tough it didn´t worked most of the time, I also saw him trying 3B,8K, or I don´t know if he was trying 3B, 8gK wich works against all the characters, but I would keep that for male chars and Ivy, 3B,9gK, 66B is good shit. But I´m sure Hajime would suggest something else :)
Anyway, solid basics, some advanced techniches are missing including T-moves.

Hey I played badly that day! (i'm the Amy player)
I was a bit nervous and did several times 6BBB instead of 6BB. It cost me two 6K2K connects on round 5.
Good games to DTN anyway.

Hajime:
Good call!!! i so don't use 4KB but it's actually a good move, which i neglect way too much. Nice.

And Belial is right, you get CH when stepping, happens a lot with me. I can't tell when last i've used 8WR to be honest. Sometimes i get hit for CH in some weird situations too...I'm not sure how it works. Like from a whiffed GI, i've eaten CH, some others i can't remember right now. Never dug deep into it, but i've noticed.

Nice post, flask. Solid play by DTN. A couple missed things that could make his Yoshi all the more dangerous, but really solid overall. Grats on the OCV.

I'm waiting to see what happens when people out there start punishing him for DGF mix-ups, SDGF, 214A, and iFC 3K. Right now it seems like people fear his lows and are allowing him to get away with quite a bit. Should be exciting to see him adapt. It doesn't seem like he wants to deal with Tekken moves or iMCF.

grumpy: no, you get CH out of step anyway. also DFG A provides a stun regardless.

Sure, non-CH gives a stun, but nothing big earned from it. I'm guessing your Yoshi players have learned not to use it again you? hehe

lolo said:
Good matches flask, DTN is solid overall... I just don´t understand why the abuse of SDGFG_4 after 3B,a:B+K... They were afraid of that, even tough it didn´t worked most of the time, I also saw him trying 3B,8K, or I don´t know if he was trying 3B, 8gK wich works against all the characters, but I would keep that for male chars and Ivy, 3B,9gK, 66B is good shit. But I´m sure Hajime would suggest something else :)
Anyway, solid basics, some advanced techniches are missing including T-moves.

I'm guessing it's because 3B, a:B+K, 8A+B has worked for him in the past, so now he's working on variations of it. I'm guessing he knows that the the people he's playing against either know how to get around it and aren't avoiding it consistently, or they don't know how to deal with all of it yet.

As for the 3B, 8K stuff...maybe he's going for the 236B tech trap? Normal 8K does only hit against certain members of the cast, but maybe he didn't know that? I'm pretty sure only you and I knew about 8gK until now, Lolo. hehe.

aye, to me it seems like he´s trying stuff out and playing with things during the matches. you can see when he switches to "serious" mode. hahah. :]
not really sure why he´s not using iMCF more though. maybe he´s not comfortable with it, or find it useless.
people over there might be afraid of his iMCF already, so he doesn´t have to use it. hah.
when people start to learn the frametraps for it and become more careful you can set up other things with it though, didn´t see much of that either. only DGF B on guard to a throw attempt.

DTN's style is to poke a lot, space a bit / run arround, setup CH 33B (with timing variations), and mixup 33B/FC3K/throw.

Right now iMCF doesn't fit in very well, so he uses it very rarely.
It's what he told me anyway. It may change though. His current Yoshi is very similar to his SC1/SC2 Yoshi.

Too bad SCIV Yoshi's WS K isn't his SC2 one. =(

I saw some spots where iMCF would've been great. DTN's pacing does lend itself to some strong surprise iMCF setups later in his matches.

NEW VIDS

Furzy :sc2yos2: VS Bun :sc2mit2: : 3-5
Partie 1:
Partie 2:
Partie 3:

More coming soon

By the way, Saitoh is in Switzerland this week so we started playing yesterday, I'll try and record some matches this evening :p

Only had time to watch one vid. Looking good. =)

Please, please, please punish RLC B! 6K2K except at max range!! Max range you get uh...FC 3K_4KB mix-up. =(
66B after T4 can only be teched one way and only if they tech quickly.

Those were some great vids. We have a slightly different moveset, but the aggression is same as mine. Very well played I must say. You had some creative interesting choices that I'm gonna experiment with next time i play (not sure if that will be anytime soon)
I still think you need to throw way more than you are though :p more more more throws. He will duck more, and 33BB+K will hit more.

GFG´s Furzy! looking forward to the matches vs Saitoh!
up for a Yoshi mirror match if i am able to come to FR? :]

Furzy beat some random mitsu and feel like he can take me on. Gotta split my 5euro Im goint to win with Bun, he sure contributed to my future wealth. xD

@Belial: Lol! Who said I can take you on?? I just like to learn :D

@flask: Of course! Are you coming to Cannes??

Belial: who are you again? :]

Furzy: great! and i hope so. if everything works out, i´ll be there!

Back