Yoshimitsu Web Theater.

66A+B 22A+B etc..... you can land imcf afterwards sometimes. But it seems it is either character specific or you ahve to hit the 66A+B or whatever on a certain side of the opponent for the imcf to connect. Just wondering if anyone knew the specifics of the hit and miss to it.

yea... I know you have to use the diagnols (the reason in the first post I specifically didn't want to put 66A+B..lol). It just seems there are a lot of funny hitboxes with it. I haven't tried it in a long time but thats what I remember from before. is it suppose to be guarantted 100% of the time? or is it somewhat character/position dependent?

Yes. I can't give a definitive answer, but spacing and the side you hit the opponent on definitely plays a part in whether it connects or not. I haven't seen any glaring character only issues.

Neither have I. As long as you're close enough it works one everyone i tried it on.

Why use iMCF(CH) -> 66A+B? cuz i love it honestly....damage potential is strong (cuz of traps). I'm not as l33t as other Yoshis so my combos aren't as spectacular as Hajime and CF etc and i HATE missing combos. Post iMCF CH i usually stick with 3AB, bA, 66A+B and 66 INT B. They're all pretty easy and give me enough damage to make it scary.

44A+B is pretty useless isn't it....lower damage and gives no stun...I'm trying to figure out what it's purpose. BTW, i use 11A a lot recently at tip range. Solid low and fills a decent antistep at that range. It's 1 frame less safe too it seems, either that or distance makes it harder to punish. Hmm maybe i should've put that in General discussion.

44A+B feels completely useless. The recovery is faster than 33A+B and 66A+B. Haven't been able to find any odd tech traps or anything.

OnYourMark (Yoshi) vs Belial (Raph) Last 2 games of 1st to 5.

I watched only the Asta ones so far. Okay matches. I'm surprised your opponent wasn't stepping your BB more. Work on finishing the 3B, a:B+K, 66B combo correctly. Don't dash forward after a:B+K. Just 66B right after. Break those B throws. I'm glad to see you stopped trying to throw after stepping a move and started using 33B B+K more.

I watched only the Asta ones so far. Okay matches. I'm surprised your opponent wasn't stepping your BB more. Work on finishing the 3B, a:B+K, 66B combo correctly. Don't dash forward after a:B+K. Just 66B right after. Break those B throws. I'm glad to see you stopped trying to throw after stepping a move and started using 33B B+K more.

Thanks for the comments. I had some issues with the inputs, we played on a PS3 but I own a 360, esspecially with 2aB and aB+K. So I always have to adjust first, but I am working on it. And to be honest, these were our first videos so I was a little nervous... But I will post some other vids later on, which are, at least I hope so, a bit better than the first ones.

Here are 3 new vids of me, playing Yoshi.
grumpy(Yoshi) vs. 2nd Face(Sieg)

Fixed, but thanks for the help! Didn't recognized the mistake at first.

Comments are welcome and maybe a little improvement to the last vids can be seen...

@grumpy: You messed up the links.

These are the right ones

Part 1: Part 2: Part 3:
Have fun watching

Yooo I found a vid of this awful, awful Yoshi. Please try not to cringe as you watch.

-Vid removed for some reason.-

I honestly dont understand how you beat Link... He must have been nervous or something he didn't try to space you at all.

I play link somewhat often down here and I can never beat him he maybe wins 6 for every 1 i get against him. And I base my game heavily off you, Hajime. So Im really at a loss to take anything way from your matches against him... I guess more clock moves... cus you did hit him with the T4 a lot. Even though HE KNOWS how to step it, I can never hit him with that shit.

On the subject of posts: Heres my latest tourny match against whodat's algol.

Funk: As compared to my fight against him at EVO, I wasn't trying to rush him down at all. I was just trying to play as patient as possible. Then I just abused the hell out of ST3 and T4 when I saw he wasn't stepping it. It helps that he was playing pretty defensively.

You'll see some "random" 4KBs in there. I was trying to catch him twitch ducking, since I was seriously spamming iFC 3Ks against him. It seems like Ivy's punishment game is pretty weak against it on block (?).

As for your match. Nice job winning against Algol, even though you're not that familiar. You landed a lot of iFC 3Ks early on. O.o Why no follow-up after 9A+B hit in the last round of match 1? Punish those blocked 11As and 66A+Bs (if in range) with 6K2K. You actually don't want to get up close when Algol is throwing bubble shields with 4A+B. You want to be pretty far back like in the vid above. Then you have 44B+K, 1B, or MED options. Personally, I'm all about using MED healing to bait Algol to come close. If you teleport from MED and the Algol guy knows you're coming, his BT B+K is free.

Back