Official Soul Calibur V Announcement Trailer...

• Admin
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... Soul Calibur V!
As you know by now, last night at Namco's Level Up press event in Dubai, they announced the newest entry into the Soul Calibur series: Soul Calibur V. This new game will be a radical change in the series, as we know that it takes place 17 years after the end of the previous game. The trailer Namco gave us, tells us a little of what happens at the end of Soul Calibur IV, as well as goes so far to introduce the main character of the game: Patroklos. Patroklos, of course is Sophitia's son and Cassandra's nephew. Soul Calibur V is slated for release in 2012.

scv.png

Naturally, taking place 17 years after the previous game will bring along some major changes; most likely between stage settings and character roster. This isn't the first time a fighting game series has attempted to reinvigorate itself by mixing up it's roster. SNK tried it with Mark of the Wolves and Capcom tried it with Street Fighter 3. While both of those games are considered the best in the series, both of them were not fan favorites. Of course, neither of those games tried anything as radical as a 17 year time skip.

So when it comes to returning characters, a lot of us will be disappointed. However, also expect a lot of us to be surprised. While you may be sad that this most definitely puts the nail in the coffins of both Li Long and Hwang, it also opens up the possiblity of an even more fan anticipated return... BANGOOO!!!!! I can tell you that Namco will soon be unveiling the new SCV website with a large focus on social interaction, so be sure to stay tuned to 8WayRun.Com, @Flithirich, @Daishi_CALIBUR and FB/SoulCalibur.

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Cervantes Better Return! I Just Can't See Anyone Else Flying Around, Spinning And Teleporting All Over The Stage...

I like the idea of a time skip, shaking things up is the way to go with this franchise. Hopefully the game is good...or at least as good as the new Mortal Kombat. :p

Aight, thought so. But don´t you think you could live with their kids as new mains? Like Patroklos and Phyrra?
Oh I'll be getting it regardless, will just be sad to see my favorite character go. Of course she was in the trailer as well so who knows. Not all 40's age people look old after all heh, and there's no telling what having a shard of Soul Edge in her body has done to her aging process. And for that matter they could keep all the old roster for use in versus play, and whatever extra mode they do this time.

shard of Soul Edge in their bodies? they might as well name the new game Inuyasha Calibur >.>

The problem about the shards... Soul Edge called all fragments like Cervante's and Mitsurugi's back in SCIV and it was said it was complete. Sadly not alll fragments keepers are mentioned. But if it was said Soul Edge was complete it has to mean this shards were used as well

The problem about the shards... Soul Edge called all fragments like Cervante's and Mitsurugi's back in SCIV and it was said it was complete. Sadly not alll fragments keepers are mentioned. But if it was said Soul Edge was complete it has to mean this shards were used as well
Maybe just having her that close was enough to count? After all, didn't the history say that it was in her heart, so if it called it out of her it would have killed her. Not to mention Cervantes still had his SE swords.

*shrugs* Just tossing out ideas.

I hope we can get rid of those shiny graphics from 4 and get some real graphics like SC2, they must try to make it like tekken 6. I dont think SC4 graphics are better than 3 or 2. It's not about plygon count, its about colors and textures, deep loooking characters etc. Its all about art imo.

I couldn't disagree more. Soul Calibur IV has the best graphics of any fighter on the market. Please, PLEASE do not emulate Tekken 6.

Another thing not to emulate like tekken 5 and 6... they didnt' even change the costumes or the appearances... but i guess you could focus more on gameplay

Im not to picky on the story line at all. Like sporko, so long as I can play a pushing 50 maxi....thats fine by me!!

HRD

Oh I'll be getting it regardless, will just be sad to see my favorite character go. Of course she was in the trailer as well so who knows. Not all 40's age people look old after all heh, and there's no telling what having a shard of Soul Edge in her body has done to her aging process. And for that matter they could keep all the old roster for use in versus play, and whatever extra mode they do this time.

Yep, only time will tell who will be still there and who won´t. ;)

I couldn't disagree more. Soul Calibur IV has the best graphics of any fighter on the market. Please, PLEASE do not emulate Tekken 6.

THIS!

Just a few things I've noticed:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-11-first-soulcalibur-v-details
V marks a shift from two-handed swords to short swords, Tago announced. The story includes "the enigma as to why the swords have become short swords".

http://www.8wayrun.com/threads/vague-speculations-daishis-twitter-round-13.6990/

3. “Soulcalibur, the after years” with a new and young character (Bangoo etc). Existing characters are older (old Mitsurugi etc).
14. Sophitia and Cassandra’s children battle it out. One leads the SE army and the other leads the SC army. "The battle of the Alexandras".

http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Cassandra
"She carried out her conviction and protected the bonds of family. There will be peace, as long as that belief remains."

hum...come to think about it, if Patroklos is gonna be the main character, would it dat either pyrha or sophitia will be the new holder of soul edge? :/

othewsie I dont see a reason they decide to gave him the main role

Live streams

1 Viewers
CallMePeterJr
CallMePeterJr
The Adventures Of Paige Continues. Progressing through more of Libra Of Souls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back