Siegfried Videos

Don King Tournament Single elimination, FT5.
Still loosing, hahah.
But like usual, any advice is welcome. Especially against Dina.

In the Pyrrha match-up, I watched 10 minutes and thought you played extremely well.

There are only a few minor suggestion I can make.
1) Punishment, make sure to get in every bit of damage you can on blocked 3B, Dina started to throw that out on wake-up and if you block it take your b6 damage. This is something worth training as a reflex. That damage would quickly add up.

2) You landed the following combo in a match CH 66K, W!, 66K, 3(B), SCH B. While that is all fine damage, I find myself much preferring CH 66K, W!, 3(B) W!, ~, SCH B, 3B. You have a few options after that combo, you can tech trap with SCH K as you did in your 4th match, or you force block with SCH B putting you at advantage near a wall. If they do anything 66K will beat everything out or trade with 2A. If it CHs you get another wall combo, if it trades with 2A you get another wall combo, however the trade will leave you in crouch so make sure to do WR B and not FC 2B.

3) I started experimenting with this last night, I think that 3aA is a better option against Pyrrha, for one you will not eat 236B on block and it also covers both sides better. You don't have the option of 33_99B/2A+B but 3aA has more range and seems to be more difficult to punish for Pyrrha for whatever reason. Dina was making heavy use of Pyrrha 22K which is wise, it beats out agA, 3B,b6. 3aA/3A can shut that down and are excellent options post agA.

4) Unfortunately, Dina was not throwing a lot of moves out for you to SBH aGI. One set up I saw him use though was Pyrrha 1K, 2A. If you get hit by this on standing, any pokes you take trying it will be counter-balanced by the SBH aGI. But this is all theory. If he starts mixing 3B in there, you take a lot of damage.

5) Using 3B is a huge risk against Pyrrha / Cervy, none of the players I saw against you were doing this but Cervy 22K crushes all options from SCH post 3B, Pyrrha 22K crushes all attack options but SBH transition beats that out. Pyrrha 22BAK crushes all attack options and SBH but you can cancel in time and punish 22B/22BAK. I would try and limit my 3B and use a lot more WR B at tip range (it re-aligns itself and has minor step-catching properties and launches at tip range).

6) Also, JG the shit out of the second hit of Pyrrha 4A,B. That will net you a free 3(B) and is super easy to JG.

I'd like to say you utilized sieg's moveset well, I was especially impressed with your use of 22A.

From your Cervy match that I saw with Kira I would make a suggestion. I saw you utilize in your matchs 22B in the following ways, 22BB and 22BB4 SCH k(BE). While those are solid options, you can keep your opponent guessing and net some bullshit damage by utilizing the following 4 options mid-screen. 22BB, 22B(delay)B, 22BB4 SCH k(BE), and 22BB4 SCH B. My opinion is that the more SCH Bs you land in a match anywhere the better you are. So confusing your opponent and forcing them to stay safe and block to beat all your options can break guard, or land you random damage.

This may well be because you've played Kira before and he recognizes 22BB4 and will try to punish you for it.

@Panto

The main reason you lost against Dina was that you werent dealing with 22K properly. I think you know that already. He was pretty much spamming the damn thing and picking apart your spacing and offense with it. Now Pyrrha is not the only character with a safe TC move from 8WR and as Siegfried players we'll all need to learn to deal with those at some point. My advice (both from personal experience and a theoretical standpoint) is to use more iWS A and 2A to augment your spacing game. iWS A in particular is better than its ever been as a zoning tool thanks to the removal of stepG. And if youre feeling psychic you can of course always just gamble a B+K~SBH B and catch the 22K attempt as you would after a stance transition.

I feel like I just got caught taking the money I stole from your college fund and putting it into your dog whom I killed and hollowed out while simultaneously sleeping with your girlfriend who also happens to be a man.

Forgive me.
WTF I just read?

GAH, I've watched two matches so far and you could have won both of them >.< lol. If you jG'd/stepped the second hit of either BE near the end, or if you SCH k BE agA'd after that 66k BE you scored vs lolo, you would have taken it! I like how you're playing so far though. Sooo many combos you could have used meter for and rung out. Sad panda. Don't be afraid to consume meter if it means the round. Saving it is okay, but nobody is going to respect you any less for doing so to ensure the kill - while on the flipside, if you decide to save meter, then choke and die, we all simultaneous face-palm.

Just remember, if people are using BE's on you outside combos or certain situations, they are either testing whether you can react to them, or using them as a panic button. Try to take advantage of that more, and you will be winning a lot more matches I feel.

Sooo many combos you could have used meter for and rung out. Sad panda. Don't be afraid to consume meter if it means the round. Saving it is okay, but nobody is going to respect you any less for doing so to ensure the kill - while on the flipside, if you decide to save meter, then choke and die, we all simultaneous face-palm.

Just remember, if people are using BE's on you outside combos or certain situations, they are either testing whether you can react to them, or using them as a panic button. Try to take advantage of that more, and you will be winning a lot more matches I feel.
Thanks for replying, in the situations where you point out I could use the BE to combo I think the same; right now I spend the whole meter if I have the chance - saving its no more an option for me - if in the future you watch my videos and I fail a BE combo have for sure that I missed unintentionally; in the video vs Lolo I tried to do the BE after the 33B but I doesn't hold the B enough to keep on stance... I have to practice more and more so I can be ready for any situation.

BE moves are very tricky in some fashion; its easy to do JG or GI on the second hit, even do evade; the problem is when you are unprepared to receive an unexpected move; right now I'm training against a Natsu everyday so I can sharpen my senses and reaction... hard as hell...

the problem is when you are unprepared to receive an unexpected move; right now I'm training against a Natsu everyday so I can sharpen my senses and reaction... hard as hell...
Yeah man, you just gotta hop into training mode and record some BE's for different characters, and just grind out different methods of escape/defense for each one. The more you see it, the quicker you will react to it. The problem of reacting to unexpected BE's will be solved with this practice as well, as you will be much more familiar with the yellow spark accompanying them. Even if I don't know a character very well, I can react to their BE's better than anything, because each character only has a couple useful ones, and they are quite telegraphed because of the aura. If you use this knowledge, you'll know Brave Edge moves are some of the most free punishes in the game - in theory of course.

http://www.twitch.tv/crosscounterasia/b/315577468

26:11 Me vs Pyrrah -- was settling into tournament condition... played street fighter before. so some major mess ups

58:00 .... fuck pyrrah.

nothing near dina//ramon's level so likely i'd die to them

1:31:30 ... I WON SHEN CHAN 3-1 zomg. both played shit though

2:01:40 .... I lost to chan 2-3. cervy is broken and sieg is E tier :(

Overall lousy matches. i beg your advice and patience.

Thank you

Had time to watch some of the other vids

Panto: I liked the way you used so much of your movelist. that's good. good execution and spacing too. i do think that you should fish for the whiffs... especially pyrrah's 22K. Its actually quite short really, and Dina has to commit to it, and thats quite risky if you play from AGA range often... it gives a free 3B/iWSB/3A for sieg. make them feel that there is no other way but to run up and guard.

http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers/b/316498851

Hey guys, I won the Toronto tournament with Siegfried (minus one very foolish match with Astaroth).

16:00 First match of losers finals with Dinoz (Voldo), the lack of match-up experience on his part kind of shone through. Also, 66K coming out as 6K thanks to the wonderful PS3 pad is a recurring theme.

19:00 Second match with Dinoz (Voldo), I think here you will see some hilarious use of SBH aGI.

21:35 Third match with Dinoz (Tira), ... he got blowned up Tira isn't an effective character against Sieg in my humble opinion.

25:10 First match of grand finals with Stryder (Cervantes), I was just playing to Sieg's strengths but Stryder's a smart guy and knows how to mix things up with Cervy and was trying to get in my head/pressure. Still pretty convincing/lucky run through.

28:10 Second match of grand finals against Stryder's (ZWEI). Luckily I'm pretty familiar with ZWEI and know how to avoid his unblockable set-ups and have some best practices established for dealing with EIN. I think there is some failed attempts at JGing the wolf in here too. Both EIN and Viola's ball I find difficult to JG, anyone else have some solid strategies?

31:35 Third match of grand finals reset bracket against ZWEI. I think I got by and solid pressure and not falling for "the toilet" (ZWEI 4B~A+B+K).

33:50 First match of grand finals after I reset the bracket against Cervy, this was the luckiest/closest match of my life. Solid play from Stryder and keeping me working. Also failed a lot of 66Ks that came out as 6K. Also, styling use of SBH A2. And me playing like an absolute idiot against the power of Cervy 4bA+B+K.

36:45 Second match of the set. I was also playing like an idiot but I got buy on some pretty heavy wall combo damage.

41:50 Third match of the set. I got wrecked, no question, he downloaded my Siegfried and played basic Pyrrha accordingly. Which leads to our next meta-game strat to wash away the Siegfried knowledge.

44:40 Fail astaroth is fail.

48:30 This was a hype final round. No joke, BT SCH B is the move of the gods. You'll see some interesting things happen.

So let me know what you think, any suggestions. We don't always make perfect decisions but if anyone sees any glaring errors that need to be rectified I'm open to suggestions.

1.- Lag was kind of annoying in the early rounds...
2.- Why the Hell AA didn't hit after BT SCH B?

1.- Lag is some kind of monster to AlphaPat users... to me this char is scary in any form...

http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers/b/322563730

1:47:10 - Last match of winner's finals, Partisan and I were 2 - 2 from some matches we were playing off-stream
1:51:15 - Loser's finals; it was over quickly
1:58:30 - Grand finals: This went on for a long time. I wouldn't know where to start, Partisan is a technically solid player and he took the right defensive measure whenever he needed to.

I'm happy it was so close. But this also highlights Sieg's shortcomings when he has to deal with a character who can A) zone him and B) is faster than him. The good thing is that Sieg isn't all the punishable. But educated/good guesses/yomi decide the victor.

Partisan plays broken characters anyway, which probably played the biggest part.

Will add my thoughts and some videos of my own after a nap.

Bitch.

PS: GGs, Pyro. Couldn't have asked for better practice going into EVO.

Fun Fact:
0 Getting hit by WR(B) 60+ times in two sets makes salt crystals form on your eyes.

Thanks man, as always you push me towards the upper limit of my play then make me have to do even better. Bring EVO home to Ontario (since you can't actually bring it to Toronto). Don't let me down son.

Back