Soul Calibur 6 CaS Discussion

Boring? Unless I'm mistaken, you can finally choose which lines your character says. That's fantastic for fine tuning their personality.

Or do we still think it's just text? The menu is promising, but I suppose we have yet to see it in action.
I'm worried that it's just text. Probably should have clarified that. If it's actually us being able to choose what they say, then that's wonderful. But it's important to note that they're editing Sophitia in this video and not a custom character, and I can't imagine they'd let us choose what the main roster says in battle.

So would the text just pop up in the middle of the fight or what? They've got instances for many different situations.

It does seem unlikely, but maybe they had each VA record a bunch of dialogue for this purpose.

None of the CaS in Libra seem to be able to choose battle quotes, while the customized Sophitia was able to... not sure what that means for CaS characters. Seems strange for a customization thing like that to be main roster only... seems kinda counter intuitive... hopefully it's not what it looks like.

None of the CaS in Libra seem to be able to choose battle quotes, while the customized Sophitia was able to... not sure what that means for CaS characters. Seems strange for a customization thing like that to be main roster only... seems kinda counter intuitive... hopefully it's not what it looks like.
It's possible that your character will "mature" along the story. That the choices you make will give them a different voice/personality.

It's also possible that the Battle Comments is only available for the latest voices. A lot of the voices are reused from SCV. The character in the Libra of Soul video was using the Femme Fatal voice, which is from V.

Although if that was the case, I wish they'd just limit the selection based on whatever lines are available, and still let you choose from those.

Edit: Never mind, another CaS video has the Young Villager voice selected and Battle Comments isn't grayed out. Seems to be a Libra of Soul restriction.

Last edited:
I’ll be honest, I never took CaS super seriously until now, considering the main cast is arguably the coolest and most interesting fighting game cast ever. The stuff you can do for this mode is amazing.

Sad that some races are unisex, but whatevs. The fact that we can finally make things that aren’t exclusively human is just grand.

I’ll be honest, I never took CaS super seriously until now, considering the main cast is arguably the coolest and most interesting fighting game cast ever. The stuff you can do for this mode is amazing.

Sad that some races are unisex, but whatevs. The fact that we can finally make things that aren’t exclusively human is just grand.
I was excited for the races, but now I'm not so sure... One problem is too much singlesex, and second problem is potentially limited race locked features. In my D&D games for example goblinoids are pretty common both men and women. Used to use elf ears enlarged as well as the bunny ears altered in various ways to get the ears etc. Worried now that elf ears are ancient tribe locked and limited in size and build... Beginning to think the races might end up surprisingly causing the game to be more limited rather than less.

Last edited:
Don't you guys mean not enough unisex? Unisex means for both sexes, and I would assume the issue is that there's too much that's exclusive to one sex or the other, not the other way around.

It’s more along the lines of they aren’t “human” despite having a single sex feature. I still think it’s cool that we’re not exclusive to humans this go round. Again, I’m excited because I can take CaS a little more seriously now instead of making lulzy characters. I can actually make characters from my actual writings and such.

It’s more along the lines of they aren’t “human” despite having a single sex feature. I still think it’s cool that we’re not exclusive to humans this go round. Again, I’m excited because I can take CaS a little more seriously now instead of making lulzy characters. I can actually make characters from my actual writings and such.
That's the problem, I may be more restricted from doing so than in 5. The monstrous races had so much potential to make my job easier, but sense restricted to masculine does the opposite and might screw me over entirely.

That's the problem, I may be more restricted from doing so than in 5. The monstrous races had so much potential to make my job easier, but sense restricted to masculine does the opposite and might screw me over entirely.

Hmmm you could always try and give them more feminine looking clothing. I mean, the reason why I never took CaS super seriously in SC is because of the fact that you literally can’t make a carbon copy of who you want no matter what. I have a feeling they’ll be building up to that in SCVII assuming this game makes a big enough sale.

They really should give a option regarding the asymmetric items(Nightmare Arm armor, Ivy Shoulder and arm, Kilik shoulder, etc.) and let us choose if we want , for example, Kilik Shoulder on both sides or just left or just right. Maybe on future patches, it doesn't looks impossible to implement.

Hmmm you could always try and give them more feminine looking clothing. I mean, the reason why I never took CaS super seriously in SC is because of the fact that you literally can’t make a carbon copy of who you want no matter what. I have a feeling they’ll be building up to that in SCVII assuming this game makes a big enough sale.
I hope 7 does better but I doubt it. Japanese seem to have issues with more monstrous femaled. As for giving the monstrous races the transvestite treatment the answer is no. The characters are definitely feminine in form it's mostly ears and facial features that are different.

it seems like males have more equipment options from what i see in the creation videos. I kinda wish more armor was unisex

It feels like females have better choices of tops to me. Really want that leather tunic for my main guy.

Hate there doesn’t seem to be any legging for women or the hip skirt/Pareo.

In every Soulcalibur creation, males had more options. The main reason being that most of the standard cast is male. Recycling their 2P into parts gives more male-styled clothes.

I'm just hoping we get some decently rendered clothing. A few items in 5 were blocky or had bad textures.

Back