Soul Calibur 6 CaS Discussion

As long as they don't include 30+ head pieces or the modern stuff we should be good, the majority of missing stuff is the helmets and extra parts... that is for base V, with V's DLC there were over 200 items added, though allot of that was 1p/2p outfits and modern clothes.

I liked the helmets and head pieces. Well, there was a lot of junk, but stuff that covered the face helped make up for the low number of actually unique faces. At least half of my characters had something to cover their faces, otherwise they would have all looked the same. I mean, there were only four (maaaaybe five?) faces for young males in V, not counting facial hair variants (I think only one of those faces even had facial hair variants).

I'm thinking he propably means that you get currency you can use to unlock the gear that we've sees behind the padlock icon.

This is my safe guess as well. Man, we need someone out there with the game, who is willing to talk about the game, and with the same understanding/expectations of things like "unlockable equipment" as we do.

Those blue abs
giphy.gif

Last edited:
This is my safe guess as well. Man, we need someone out there with the game, who is willing to talk about the game, and with the same understanding/expectations of things like "unlockable equipment" as we do.

giphy.gif

Yeah it's a bit frustrating to read impressions from people who don't (in my elitist perception) seem to understand what truly matters and dig into it. I'm only half joking x)

Now that I think about it, an hour of half-assed Libra of Soul gameplay probably isn't enough to tell us whether or not there's unlockable CaS items, especially when you take this tweet into consideration:
Maybe you start unlocking armor about 2+ hours into the game, or armor is unlocked through clearing sidequests or something.

Hopefully. Unlocking CaS items as you go is a great way to keep the mode compelling. As much as I appreciate its inclusion, I'm not sure the story alone could carry it. At least the fighting is always fun.

Getting parts in Chronicles of the Sword was always such a great feeling. Beat a mission and then...

Christmas.

Hopefully. Unlocking CaS items as you go is a great way to keep the mode compelling. As much as I appreciate its inclusion, I'm not sure the story alone could carry it. At least the fighting is always fun.

Getting parts in Chronicles of the Sword was always such a great feeling. Beat a mission and then...

Christmas.

Hearing this in Weapon Master Mode was one of the greatest feelings in the world.

Does this mean that you’ve seen all of the weapons? I’m curious if Mi-na’s last weapon is new, the “Ancient Spear”. Also if Xianghua has eight weapons, because she had six listed in the modes trailer, and Sapara wasn’t one of them, but neither was Krita-Yuga.
SCVI weapons KNOWN SO FAR:
Mitsurugi:
Shishi-Oh
Damascus Sword
Tyrfing
Hide in Shadow
Two-Handed Sword
Masamune
Kokuenra
Sophitia:
Ω-Sword and Elk-Shield
Gladiatrix
Aeneas
Brave One(New)
Swordbreaker
Katzbalger
Blue Crystal Rod
Nightmare:
Soul Edge
Balmung
Steel Paddle
Giant Buster
Chrome Blade
Claymore
Igneous Blade(New)
Blade of Torment(Nodachi)
Xianghua:
Krita-Yuga
Kard
Sapara
Straight Sword
Makhaira
Northern Star
Kilik:
Kali-Yuga
Guanyin Rod
Rhombus Rod
God's Lost Article(considered a non-joke this time)
Jingu Staff
Ling-Sheng-Su Staff
Amud
Ivy:
Valentine
Proxy(Semi-new, it's actually Valentine 2P renamed)
Dream Blade
Viper Edge
Alraune
Kaleidoscope
Not sure about her red-ish weapon from the screenshots, could be a Soul Edge variant, could be something new. I haven't seen gameplay of it.
Zasalamel:
Kafziel
Death Scythe
Balor
Siegfried:
Requiem
Flamberge
Caladbolg
Great Sword(his version of the nodachi)
Taki:
Rekki-Maru/Mekki-Maru
Kris Naga
Yoshimitsu:
Yoshimitsu
Phantom Machete
Chevalier
Wooden Swords
Kagekiyo
Maxi:
Fatibal
Vajra
Chained Sickles
Roc
Huoshen
Chained Kozuka
It may have been renamed but, Maxi's(last?) weapon is The Ancient variant from SCIII
Talim:
Syi Salika & Loka Luha
Elbow Blades
Voldo:
Manas & Ayus
Guillotine
Tofana Scissors
Astaroth:
Kulutues
Great Maul
Blessed Acolyte
Seong Mi-na:
Scarlet Thunder
Emerald Cloud(New)
Halberd
Hraesvelgr
Hyup Do
Ambassador
Primitive Spear(seemingly new)
Cervantes:
Acheron & Nirvana
Avenger
Seax
Styx
Phlegethon
Erlang's Blade
Firangi
Raphael:
Flambert
Estoc
Royal Rapier
Cup Hilt Rapier
Grøh:
Aerondight Replica
Ithnan Scimitars
Blade of Equillibrium
Twin Dragon Tongues
Scharfrichter
Eksorcisme
Azwel:
Chaos/Order
Motion/Stillness
Joy/Despair
Imprecation/Exaltation
Aspiration/Tribulation
Bias/Equity
Eternity/Ephemerality
Geralt:
Witcher's Silver Sword & Steel Sword
Wild Hunt Sword & Moonblade
Tira:
Eiserne Drossel
Buer

SCVI weapons KNOWN SO FAR:
Mitsurugi:
Shishi-Oh
Damascus Sword
Tyrfing
Hide in Shadow
Two-Handed Sword
Masamune
Kokuenra
Sophitia:
Ω-Sword and Elk-Shield
Gladiatrix
Aeneas
Brave One(New)
Swordbreaker
Katzbalger
Blue Crystal Rod
Nightmare:
Soul Edge
Balmung
Steel Paddle
Giant Buster
Chrome Blade
Claymore
Igneous Blade(New)
Blade of Torment(Nodachi)
Xianghua:
Krita-Yuga
Kard
Sapara
Straight Sword
Makhaira
Northern Star
Kilik:
Kali-Yuga
Guanyin Rod
Rhombus Rod
God's Lost Article(considered a non-joke this time)
Jingu Staff
Ling-Sheng-Su Staff
Amud
Ivy:
Valentine
Proxy(Semi-new, it's actually Valentine 2P renamed)
Dream Blade
Viper Edge
Alraune
Kaleidoscope
Not sure about her red-ish weapon from the screenshots, could be a Soul Edge variant, could be something new. I haven't seen gameplay of it.
Zasalamel:
Kafziel
Death Scythe
Balor
Siegfried:
Requiem
Flamberge
Caladbolg
Great Sword(his version of the nodachi)
Taki:
Rekki-Maru/Mekki-Maru
Kris Naga
Yoshimitsu:
Yoshimitsu
Phantom Machete
Chevalier
Wooden Swords
Kagekiyo
Maxi:
Fatibal
Vajra
Chained Sickles
Roc
Huoshen
Chained Kozuka
It may have been renamed but, Maxi's(last?) weapon is The Ancient variant from SCIII
Talim:
Syi Salika & Loka Luha
Elbow Blades
Voldo:
Manas & Ayus
Guillotine
Tofana Scissors
Astaroth:
Kulutues
Great Maul
Blessed Acolyte
Seong Mi-na:
Scarlet Thunder
Emerald Cloud(New)
Halberd
Hraesvelgr
Hyup Do
Ambassador
Primitive Spear(seemingly new)
Cervantes:
Acheron & Nirvana
Avenger
Seax
Styx
Phlegethon
Erlang's Blade
Firangi
Raphael:
Flambert
Estoc
Royal Rapier
Cup Hilt Rapier
Grøh:
Aerondight Replica
Ithnan Scimitars
Blade of Equillibrium
Twin Dragon Tongues
Scharfrichter
Eksorcisme
Azwel:
Chaos/Order
Motion/Stillness
Joy/Despair
Imprecation/Exaltation
Aspiration/Tribulation
Bias/Equity
Eternity/Ephemerality
Geralt:
Witcher's Silver Sword & Steel Sword
Wild Hunt Sword & Moonblade
Tira:
Eiserne Drossel
Buer
I had a few more/less than you have here in my post about twenty pages back. But compilation of information is nice.

I believe a Mi-na CaS in Talim’s Soul Chronicle uses the “Ancient Spear”. It looks analogous to Nightmare’s Igneous Blade, being a primitive looking weapon.
Though i've seen Talim's Chronicle, i haven't noticed if that's the case with the spear, gonna have to watch it again to confirm it.
Thanks for the heads-up! :)

If anyone here would happen to know if this pattern and sticker are in SC6 CaS, I would be eternally grateful haha :)

Attachments

• 0DED4BB9-E73E-4910-B550-C4961B8F04B6.jpg
    0DED4BB9-E73E-4910-B550-C4961B8F04B6.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 101
Though i've seen Talim's Chronicle, i haven't noticed if that's the case with the spear, gonna have to watch it again to confirm it.
Thanks for the heads-up! :)

It shows up halfway through with the CaS fight with the oni things? One of them was also using Igneous Blade.

It shows up halfway through with the CaS fight with the oni things? One of them was also using Igneous Blade.
You're right, i just saw that specific part. It's the Primitive Spear confirmed. Wood branch-like look with some green plant and stone details here and there, much like Igneous.

Yeah, that really blows.

Just another friggin' bizarre choice to have this whole mode centered around your own custom character, and then to have no customization items to unlock in it.

Guess there is so little all in all that if they put some as unlockables you wouldn't be even able to properly create a character. I gotta say, the amount I saw in the item categories in different videos looked really low. This game doesn't need 100 new pieces, it needs like 200 and they all have to be quality, actually usable instead of joke items to create a rich enough pool of items to allow the level of creativity I had with the last game.

Okay, I have to say, this is the first thing SCVI has pulled that kinda hurts me. I was fine with the whole no 2P drama, even if I was disappointed, and Tira being DLC didn't really bother me, considering I was already going to pre-order the Deluxe Edition.
But wow, that's a LOT of items missing from SCV, a lot of them very nice looking / useful. I hope those armour packs are really good if they want to make up for this...

Well, that's a shame. I would have taken even the most badly textured CaS pieces in SCV over not having them at all. I sure hope the 100 DLC pieces are quality, or heck I'd even take some of the old pieces if they just gave them better textures.

Now I'm wondering if we'll even get pieces from the remaining DLC characters. :(

Back