Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I'm worried about 'balance' patches TBH. Aside from a few characters that are slightly weaker/stronger than the rest, everyone else is pretty close. PLease don't ruin it, Namco.

If they mean balance, as in hitboxes, or bugs that affect the usefullness of certain moves, then that's without saying. It's still too early for actual balance fixes though. just my 2 cents

We need to find a way to make Smash Bros become a complete flop. Granted, it's a bit hard considering it sold 1.2m in Japan alone in just a few days, but there has to be some way. Like the previous Smash game, Namco is the lead developer once again. For SC6, there were about 15 programmers in total (that's including developers from both Namco and DIMPS). For Smash Ultimate? 78 programmers! And that's not including the ton of people working on other parts of the game. This is probably Namco's biggest production ever.

But just imagine if they had that type of manpower on SC6! Imagine the 50 costumes Ivy would have gotten! The 1,000-hour long story mode! Every character would have returned! Even Hwang Seong-gyeong and Chester!

Hey, what do you guys calculate to be the overall sales for SCVI thus far both physically and digitally?

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it's over a million, for several factors:
  1. While initial physical sales are lower than SCV, so is just about every game compared to 2012. That's just the changing of the game industry. The physical sales charts don't calculate digital, which makes up a lot of sales.
  2. SCVI is only behind II and IV at this point, according to this. NPD says it's the third highest launch for the series in tracked history. Do keep in mind that fighting games as a whole aren't as popular as they were at the time II and IV were released, but the SC brand is one with recognition.
  3. According to VGChartz (which I know isn't fully reliable, but it is a decent reference point), SCVI has sold 650k on PS4 and Xbox One in the month of release. To compare, SCV sold roughly a hundred thousand less at this point in time. That's just in terms of physical sales, not digital and not accounting for PC.
  4. So, if we assume that 650K is the current amount physically (it's not, as it's certainly gone up since November but let's just do that for this) and lowball the digital sales to another 650K (which I predict is higher due to digital really becoming big), that would bring us to... 1.3 million, obviously give or take.
Overall, I imagine Namco is pleased with the sales so far, and I imagine it'll grow as DLC continues to roll out plus professional stuff like EVO. I hope they do a Season 2 to keep the train rolling and customers satisfied, and maybe an enhanced version that brings it all together and adds more. Then of course... Soulcalibur VII, but let's be patient.

So the Soul Calibur team would rather post random, useless stuff like instead actual update their audience on what's going on with patches and dlc? I get that they want to have a little fun sometimes, but right now this just makes them look as though they're being deliberately ignorant and up their own ass in the current situation.

Last edited:
So the Soul Calibur team would rather post random, useless stuff like instead actual update their audience on what's going on with patches and dlc? I get that they want to have a little fun sometimes, but right now this just makes them look as though they're being deliberately ignorant and up their own ass in the current situation.
Reminds me of the Lost Swords era... Random incorrect trivia, attempts at memes, and "butt-titties-butt-titties" outfits. Really don't miss that, hopefully they won't follow the same trail.

Back