Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

To be fair, Tekken has been out a while. I'm not sure why you'd assume SCs season pass schedule must release before Tekken's.
I'm not talking about release date. I'm talking about the fact that it feels like they can't even give us any solid information. It felt the same way before the announcement of SCVI as well. Or perhaps I am still a bit too emotional about that. Probably my soul will only rest when they release Cassandra :D

Last edited:
To be fair, Tekken has been out a while. I'm not sure why you'd assume SCs season pass schedule must release before Tekken's.
I mean, you can also say that sc deserves it before tekken cause tekken already has dlc. You can look at it in both ways. I think also why others and I included feel this way is because tekken just gets more attention in general. They also announced 3 characters in a row including the guest.

I mean, you can also say that sc deserves it before tekken cause tekken already has dlc. You can look at it in both ways. I think also why others and I included feel this way is because tekken just gets more attention in general. They also announced 3 characters in a row including the guest.
I'm not talking about release date. I'm talking about the fact that it feels like they can't even give us any solid information. It felt the same way before the announcement of SCVI as well. Or perhaps I am still a bit too emotional about that. Probably my soul will only rest when they release Cassandra :D

I've been irritated with them about this mystery DLC BS for a while too but i just assumed Tekken's season pass has nothing to do with SC's. Unless they are still using the same team to do both games?

Anyway, i'm starting to think they might be stalling 2B so they can put it all together with the patch. If any good news can come from that, maybe we can expect the other two characters to drop at the same time?

I dont think they should be telling us "soon" and "the wait is almost over" if we really are still looking at sometime January. That is just as long from now as it has been since her reveal.

I've been irritated with them about this mystery DLC BS for a while too but i just assumed Tekken's season pass has nothing to do with SC's. Unless they are still using the same team to do both games?

Anyway, i'm starting to think they might be stalling 2B so they can put it all together with the patch. If any good news can come from that, maybe we can expect the other two characters to drop at the same time?

I dont think they should be telling us "soon" and "the wait is almost over" if we really are still looking at sometime January. That is just as long from now as it has been since her reveal.
It may be a part of policy to delay some content for one game to not interfere with another but there is no way of telling if that is the case so I will drop this narrative for now. As for the release date it seems that we will get the patch before x-mass along with 2B release date which I also suspect to drop on January which is still pretty damn long imo. Sometimes I feel word "soon" should be banned whatsoever

Man, now we got Geralt in Monster Hunter. It seems it really is the season of franchise crossovers.

And yet, all these companies can give us a release timeframe for their content. Why not us?!

When you realize your guest character will show in another game:

1544462638902.png

Then it's finally time for Namco to release every missing legacy character?

Oh sure, believe me i would like nothing more than to have Algol back...
See here's the thing, we dont even all agree on who should and shouldnt come back. Most people dont like Algol but even if they cover the most popular ones, someone isnt going to get who they want. That is just being realistic about it. Since we have to be realistic and realize there are too many missing legacy characters, and also look at what the current trend is with mashup games and multiple guests... they're going to have to roll out more than just 2B. I think its a mistake to look at her as the significant trump card we've all assumed she is.

It's gotten to the point where info is so scarce that we get updates about how long we have to wait for announcements without actually getting a time frame, and repeatedly told "soon" and "not long" for dates. It's all superficial stalling. Not a good way to communicate with the fans.

Are you confident about balance patch? I'm torn between expectation and apprehension. I hope they won't nerf to hell any character.

Are you confident about balance patch? I'm torn between expectation and apprehension. I hope they won't nerf to hell any character.

In soulcalibur V they somehow buffed high tier and nerfed low tiers except a couple of obvious fixes… also introduced gamebreaking bugs.

But i guess this is a different team isn t it?

Back