Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Alpha pat:

• Originally inherited the greek fighting style from his mother
• Travelled to Istanbul
• Met a western woman, who originally ended up in Japan and learned japanese martial arts, and ended up resettling in the middle east in Istanbul
• Learned this japanese martial art from her after they met in Istanbul
• Gave up his original moveset

yikes
It can be argued that Alpha Patroklos is his "original moveset", because he uses the shadow of iaido style in his shield that stores his sword in a similar way. He adapted what he learned from Setsuka into his mother's style to make a cross between the two. But Soul Calibur took the form of the shinken because it sensed in his heart that the style was more likely to be successful, as what he mastered more than just attempting to emulate his mother out of some sense of obligation.

It can be argued that Alpha Patroklos is his "original moveset", because he uses the shadow of iaido style in his shield that stores his sword in a similar way. He adapted what he learned from Setsuka into his mother's style to make a cross between the two. But Soul Calibur took the form of the shinken because it sensed in his heart that the style was more likely to be successful, as what he mastered more than just attempting to emulate his mother out of some sense of obligation.
I think I remembered it wrong
Canonically, did he start with Setsuka's movelist, but changed to Sophitia's style out of obligation to be a "holy warrior"... then when he got his weapon broke he went back to Setsuka's movelist ?

Yeah this is the shoe-horn storytelling that many have complained about

I think I remembered it wrong
Canonically, did he start with Setsuka's movelist, but changed to Sophitia's style out of obligation to be a "holy warrior"... then when he got his weapon broke he went back to Setsuka's movelist ?

Yeah this is the shoe-horn storytelling that many have complained about
Right. Patroklos got adopted by Setsuka and Pyrrha got “adopted” by Tira, while Cassandra got whisked away to the Astral Chaos and Sophitia got her soul taken by Soul Edge. Later, Patroklos returned home to search for his sister only to find the malfested had taken over, so he pledged allegiance to Graf Dumas (Raphael/Nightmare), taking up the mantle of “Holy Warrior”, using his teaching to improvise his mother’s style.

Especially having purchased every season pass, 43 MORE days is indescribably excessive and, I will admit, stupid — whether we have a poisonous contagion or not.

FINAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know your trying to keep people happy with a fake trailer. Waiting is tough in these COVID times, but as long as Setsuka isn't buggy or OP. That's ok. Project Soul is just taking their time working from home.

Back