Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

It's been a while since I've seen everyone comment on the fighting g@me bubble about how iconic the return of Bloody Roar would be, well, I only played the first one when I was a kid, but I still remember how amazing it was for me to see the characters turning into animals, that caught my attention a lot. This game I can say I would buy for sure, the others I could wait. :sc2liz1:
Primal Rage and Bushido Blade: those are my blast-from-the-past FG desires. Although I recently discovered a spiritual successor to the latter on Steam, so that's something.

I mean we don't have enough info to say it's a pipe dream do we? We'll have to just wait and see but with how much time has passed, it doesn't seem like it would take more than 6 years to make a new entry. All depends on when they started development on 7.
Well, they would have had to have started development on the game about six months back, rather than starting in a year and a half, which is probably the earliest they can, with the Tekken situation being what it is. As to the matter of the difference in time span between titles, that has been slowly increasing over the duration of the franchise's history: with one exception early one, every title in the series has taken a little longer than the previous one to complete: it's just a reflection of the overall trend in the industry for time needed to produce sequels. Personally, if the choice is between alacrity and getting the finer details right, I am in no rush. Both SCV and SCVI were marred by questionable design choices that might have been avoided if PS had not been under the gun to deliver.

It's been a while since I've seen everyone comment on the fighting g@me bubble about how iconic the return of Bloody Roar would be, well, I only played the first one when I was a kid, but I still remember how amazing it was for me to see the characters turning into animals, that caught my attention a lot. This game I can say I would buy for sure, the others I could wait. :sc2liz1:

talking about of old games, was Fighting EX Layer (2018) a hit or a flop? I literally don't see anyone talking about this game. It would be so nice if fighting games were trending again.
Bloady ROAR was dope, Jenny was my main, i'd love this game to come back. SFV V Trigger kinda reminded me of it tbh, it's like a character that enter into new state that unlock him new and more powerful moves.

Fighting EX was never something i was much into, and the new game looks kinda mid to me.

I'm looking forward to VF6 announcement, it's my favorite FG with Tekken and SC. Shun Di is gonna look insane with modern graphics.

I'm looking forward to VF6 announcement, it's my favorite FG with Tekken and SC. Shun Di is gonna look insane with modern graphics.

Well, I hate to be that guy, but there's not really any reason to believe there is a Virtua Fighter title anywhere in our near future: that buzz froma while back turned out to be the exact same rumor mill nonsense (amplified by desperate-for-attention youtubers and clickbait article writers) that constantly seems to ripple through the FGC these days.

I've actually done some fairly deep research into the prospect of another VF game off and on over the years, as I am a major fan of that franchise. And I really had to dig, because it involves a story with the kinds of details that are not typically discussed in the standard industry press, even if you include Japanese outlets. But I'm afraid to report that the long and short of what I founds was that, absent some new development/annoucement, the odds are really bad for seeing anything anytime soon. The studio which developed the last two games in the series was closed down as part of Sega's restructuring not long after VF5 Ultimate Showdown, and almost all of the historical talent associated with the franchise moved on to other companies long ago. It would require substantial effort to reboot the series at this point, for a company that has seen better days and seems to be focused on other development areas.

I live in hope, but yeah, don't put too much stock in anything that presents itself as a "leak": these are almost always the case of a game of telephone/chinese whispers, where one guy online sees something that he kind-of, sort-of (to his wishful thinking) thinks might indicate a particular game he longed for is coming. Then the exact details of what he said are lost in a series of forum posts where people glom on to the idea, but don't really analyze it realistically. Then a podcaster or youtuber picks up on the rampant speculation through the grapevine and relays it to his audience, omitting the source of the rumor and/or important details. Then it gets "covered" by five dozen low-effort clickbait articles out in the gaming "news" sphere. It's all very silly: the gaming industry is really prone to this self-administered mirage of wish fulfillment in general, but on top of that, the fighting game community, for some reason, has even an extra layer of propensity for swallowing these rumors and regurgitating them back up all over the place.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is sarcastic but all of this just seems obvious. If a franchise has successful sales, it's not a matter of if but when. There's been 6 games and they come out not long after Tekken does, so none of this should be news.
It wasn't sarcasm at all, nor was I trying to indicate any of my observations as if they were news-like or big revelations. I posted that mainly because I am surprised at the amount of times I've seen people ask "Will we get SC7?" (no one specific to be named of course, but I've seen it across various sites) and I just felt like airing my sentiments that I'm sure we'll get 7, just not right away.

Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 15-14-40 Tweets com comentário _ Twitter.png

Aww damn it. Unfortunately I can’t play it anymore since my 360 decided to go kaput. I’ll miss this game, had a lot of good times with it. R.I.P. SCV, may you never be forgotten.
I guess there's a plus side for anyone who bought a physical disc copy: those will presumably see a small jump in value. Although it really wouldn't surprise me if there were a key file for actually utilizing them, that will also now not be accessible.... (I mean, all grousing aside, I actually happen to know for a fact that is not the case, at least last I checked, but there are definitely plenty of games from that era that do work exactly like that...)

Will we still be able to play online on SC5 after the cut off date?
That's the $25,000 question, isn't it? Typically the servers tend to get sunset sometime after the marketplace entries--often years afterwards. But it all depends on the specifics of the publisher, developer, platform, and title. It's concerning that the post is ambiguous as to this detail, but my guess is that you'll continue to be able to play for a while, provided you have a valid license for the game and a playstation plus / xbox live account. I would make sure you are patched up on both the system OS and the game version before the 19th, though, just in case they take down more than the marketplace entry. That's not typically how these things, work, but we're talking about old systems and a far out of support game, so...

I think there's about 40~50 min left for the BAMCO showcase, I don't think they'll announce anything related to SC, but I'll leave it here.

Maybe Bamco are starting to get it, and we may have a proper Rank in SC6 without Character creations?

Even tho Custumization in Tekken 8 doesn't bother since the character don't change, just the costume, and i rarely met online those type of silly custumization in T7.

SC6 is so awesome tho, been playing bit recently (It take sometimes to find players and have to set 3 bars to find in reasonable time)

Maybe Bamco are starting to get it, and we may have a proper Rank in SC6 without Character creations?

Even tho Custumization in Tekken 8 doesn't bother since the character don't change, just the costume, and i rarely met online those type of silly custumization in T7.

SC6 is so awesome tho, been playing bit recently (It take sometimes to find players and have to set 3 bars to find in reasonable time)

Am I missing something? What about ATP ranting ultimatums makes you feel like Namco are going to design T8 accordingly, let alone randomly patch SCVI this far after launch and the last official support, just to add these particular QoL features?

Am I missing something? What about ATP ranting ultimatums makes you feel like Namco are going to design T8 accordingly, let alone randomly patch SCVI this far after launch and the last official support, just to add these particular QoL features?
It's not about Aris, it's about what Michael Murray said to Aris. Sorry i should've been more precise.

And I'm not talking about SC6, but about the future of SC when a new game will release.

It's not about Aris, it's about what Michael Murray said to Aris. Sorry i should've been more precise.

And I'm not talking about SC6, but about the future of SC when a new game will release.
Oh, I see, I missed that part: I watched about 3/4 of the video, but skipped about a bit, and Murray's comments must have been somewhere in the rest. Or did he post in the comments section? In any event, what did Murray say, can I ask? (No time to be rewatching the whole video today!).

Oh, I see, I missed that part: I watched about 3/4 of the video, but skipped about a bit, and Murray's comments must have been somewhere in the rest. Or did he post in the comments section? In any event, what did Murray say, can I ask? (No time to be rewatching the whole video today!).
Basically Aris told 'Murray that customization shouldn't be allowed and Murray agrees.

Tho I don't agree that it should be removed in Tekken, because it's only costumes. In SC also just don't want the character creation to be allowed.

Basically Aris told 'Murray that customization shouldn't be allowed and Murray agrees.

Tho I don't agree that it should be removed in Tekken, because it's only costumes. In SC also just don't want the character creation to be allowed.
Ah, ok--thanks! I presume they were talking about ranked?

Last edited:
Back