Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

@ColColton If they're fixing the years, then good on them for establishing continuity, that's an improvement. But there's not much sense in calling it a reboot when they're not actually changing any events, which that's my point, the events are playing out exactly the same as they did the last time, they're not making radical changes, they're not changing the order of events, they're not changing character ages, they're not changing anything that matters. It's all the same. Calling it a new timeline is kind of nonsensical when it's almost exactly the same as the old timeline, which all signs point to yes, it's all going to be the same. The only difference is we're seeing more things play out in-game instead of having to read them from external supplemental materials.

How exactly do you know everything that is going to take place in the game's story mode? How exactly do you know all the events are the same? A few snippets from a trailer isn't evidence of anything, really. Of course they show snippets of things we are familiar with, like Siegfriend getting Soul Edge. But we also have an entirely new character thrust into the timeline. We don't know for sure what characters will be active and when. A retelling, or a reboot, is simply a new timeline as default, because it's a restart. They're doing and explaining things all over again, and there will actually be a consistent canon this time, and no more guessing and piecing together things.

He doesn't know, because nobody does.

I feel like we'll be getting something story-related come gamescom. Maybe we can put this to rest then - in the meantime this is an incredibly pointless back and forth.

But rest assured, whatever we get in terms of story information will probably leave us with more questions than it has answered.

One minor thing I'd really like to see now is an updated story select screen with the post-e3 reveals added in. Would give a little bit more to speculate about.

And i want to see the final amount of slots for the game, since markman said that the current slots were not representative of the final game...hell, it could be 24 instead of 23 XD

Reactions: Ave
Nope (New Legends of Project Soul). I feel like they've lost their own timeline a few times over the years, though. You'll see things that say SoulCalibur I took place in 1587, when what it actually is that it started in 1586 and ended in 1587, though I also know there are sources that say SoulCalibur II/III/IV occurred in 1591, while New Legends of Project Soul says 1590, while it's probably more true to say events started in 1590 and ended in 1591, it's still bizarre that all three of those games took place in the same year.

Officially, in the SC1 timeline, the game starts in 1586 after Nightmare's 3 years of terror. That's officially when Kilik begins his Journey and it ends around 1587. From there, SC2 purports that another story takes place from SC1 which is Sieg's redemption arc which goes from 1587 to 1591, before he reverts back into Nightmare.

Officially - and I 've laready mentioned this before, and I cited 4 sources - SC2 takes place in 1591.

And i want to see the final amount of slots for the game, since markman said that the current slots were not representative of the final game...hell, it could be 24 instead of 23 XD
I know right? When he said that I was trying not to assume it meant we had a larger roster but...

A part of me is super hoping that Bamco are just trolling us and they've planned on giving us a 40+ roster with every character ever since the start... lol

Sadly the leakers have pretty much ruined this fantasy.

Officially, in the SC1 timeline, the game starts in 1586 after Nightmare's 3 years of terror. That's officially when Kilik begins his Journey and it ends around 1587. From there, SC2 purports that another story takes place from SC1 which is Sieg's redemption arc which goes from 1587 to 1591, before he reverts back into Nightmare.

Officially - and I 've laready mentioned this before, and I cited 4 sources - SC2 takes place in 1591.
I kinda feel like it's possible that they're using New Legends of Project Soul as reference material for SoulCalibur VI, using the timeline from that to centralize all of the games instead of having it mishmashed between titles and having any confusion. I always said 1591 before recently, so I believe it was supposed to be 1591, but as it was mentioned earlier, SoulCalibur V flubbed the math and maybe that's why it's 1590 in New Legends of Project Soul. I dunno. I guess we won't really know until we see exactly how it goes, and maybe not even concretely before SoulCalibur VII, but it's annoying having conflicting data, at any rate.

God, so many people here are so gullible. When one guy says there's a chance that a character like Tira (who is quite obviously a fan favorite unique character and who can easily play a significant role in the story, just as she has previously) could possibly be a preorder character then suddenly everyone agrees that it makes sense. Get real, people.

Go back to the expectations of Hilde, Setsuka and another being DLC.

This is what I expect. I'll be very surprised if the roster is much larger than what the current select screen implies. And I've heard enough PR talk to know that they can be sleazy with wording. "More than 20 weapons!" has been said many times in marketing for games to mean 21 weapons.

This night I dreamt that they revealed Viola, who was halfway between Amy and Viola (hair turning white, mix of orb and rapier...), that would be interesting to see such a character imho ^^

Also, while I didn't have much faith in the series and choices made, so far Okubo has been on point with what people wanted and the "renewal" the series so needed. I have complete faith in what he is doing and, even if I were not to get my Raphael, I'll be glad to play that game (and I'll find another main). Okubo will please us all, I'm certain!

Thought Amy w/ rapier and magic could be cool if she waved the former like a magic baton. Maybe she’d be highly reliant on Soul Charge which turns her into Viola?

Still I’d prefer Raph even though the vampirism will likely be gone. Here’s to him being the bonus character. Non-canon but can be teased as freeing Siegfried.

One more thing, we could have a trophy list coming at any point that may spill some beans...

Last edited:
I'm not sure I can sit through the disappointment in this thread when the full roster is revealed and Amy/Viola isn't a part of it
default_rot.gif

As much as I liked Viola and the idea of Amy becoming some sort of hybrid between them two, I'd still not want too much magical hocus pocus in the game that isn't exactly tied to Soul Edge or otherwise grounded in cultural aspects. I'd have been more lenient of Viola's introduction in the series had she been an actual Romani gypsy, much like her gorgeous 2P costume.

As much as I liked Viola and the idea of Amy becoming some sort of hybrid between them two, I'd still not want too much magical hocus pocus in the game that isn't exactly tied to Soul Edge or otherwise grounded in cultural aspects. I'd have been more lenient of Viola's introduction in the series had she been an actual Romani gypsy, much like her gorgeous 2P costume.
When we have golems, lizards, ghosts, animated swords, animated armors, Dr. Jekill/Mr. Hyde, a kid who controls winds, god-blessed weapons, among other things, I guess a girl with some magic isn't too far fetched xD (though, as you said, most are linked to SE ^^ that could work for Violamy too!)

You know the more I've been thinking about it the more I'm actually not going to be upset if Rock makes it in. Rock is a very uninteresting and bland character with a move set that has more or less been taken over by Astaroth. That said though this is a reboot. This is the chance for Project Soul to make Rock an interesting character both in terms of personality and fighting style. Very few if any people want old Rock to return but what about a newly envisioned Rock. If Project Soul plans to include Rock for any reason I hope they take this as a chance to make him better than he was and make him into a new fan favorite.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with Menat/Rose, SoulCalibur can have one orb user, magic is fun and enable developers to make something original and out of the box.
And Viola's goth / little red / moth spidry themed outfit is really cool and should be maintained, gypsy is cool too, but also too classic to me.

As I said I want one goth styled girl in the game xD Tekken have one (lili and Eliza ) Guilty gear have one (Elphelt) DOA have one too now (Marie Rose) Blazblue have one (Alucard) Soul can have one too i really sont see why people keep complaining about that, if a character look doesn't appeal to you then don't play it or use it's P2 simple as that ^^

There is nothing wrong with Menat/Rose, SoulCalibur can have one orb user, magic is fun and enable developers to make something original and out of the box.
And Viola's goth / little red / moth spidry themed outfit is really cool and should be maintained, gypsy is cool too, but also too classic to me.

As I said I want one goth styled girl in the game xD Tekken have one (lili and Eliza ) Guilty gear have one (Elphelt) DOA have one too now (Marie Rose) Blazblue have one (Alucard) Soul can have one too i really sont see why people keep complaining about that, if a character look doesn't appeal to you then don't play it or use it's P2 simple as that ^^

You misunderstand my point. There's nothing inherently wrong about gypsy characters with crystal balls, but they're incredibly out of place in a game like Soul Calibur where a lot of the character design is at the very least rooted in some real-world equivalent/culture/origin or otherwise explained by connection to supernatural forces already present in the game's canon (Soul Edge and Soul Calibur). Viola and Z.W.E.I. were literally anomalies with no real world cultural basis aside from a loose adaptation of Little Red Purple Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf.

That's why I said if they went with a traditional Romani gypsy basis for Viola (aka her 2P), I would have been more accepting of her in the SC universe.

Back