Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Why not? Many great artists began as a doujinshi artist (for instance Nobuteru Yūki). He is my favorite artist of all time.
In my opinion if anything they should take inspiration from Nobuteru itself for that new character (just look at Pirotess... probably the hottest dark skinned thing I've seen in Anime). Not only feminine, sexy and hot but also strong and good with the sword:

9659498e80096589dc7b3d14852ebd98--record-of-lodoss-war-cosplay-characters.jpg
cb61101428ace179ab8e78a3d1571601--record-of-lodoss-war-traditional-games.jpg

At night she looks even better. No wonder she is the main reason why dark skinned character became a trend since then:
7f648ecd6ebe6329070b5ba2c624fffb--strong-girls-strong-women.jpg

4285a3adccbf948d09d9e8ac9750bb30.jpg

102489dd2ac5387c9fcb1012af7ca56b.jpg

lodosswall097.jpg

35b4e4499331da18340741824101ee59.jpg

I would throw money at them just to see Pirotess and Ashram the Black Knight as a Guest.
Both characters would make sense in a SoulCalibur game (I would preffer them over 2B anytime), don't you agree?

7d2fd9817bbb11be45b25edb5253f311.jpg

Ashram is the man

Takuji Kawano was clearly inspired by this way of presenting the caracters in order to make art for characters in SoulCaliburVI.
Another example of what I am saying... Here we have Parn the hero from Record of Lodoss War

record_of_lodoss_war_parn_by_hes6789-d8yrd13.png

More examples within the Spoiler:

record_of_lodoss_war_deedlit_by_hes6789-d8yricb.png

record_of_lodoss_war_spark_x_neese_by_hes6789-d8yrflm.png

record_of_lodoss_war_slayn_by_hes6789-d8yrehk.png

record_of_lodoss_war_king_kashue_by_hes6789-d8yre5h.png

record_of_lodoss_war_karla_the_grey_witch_by_hes6789-d8yrdmr.png

record_of_lodoss_war_lord_ashram_x_pirotess_by_hes6789-d8yrexr.png

PS 1. Open the Spoiler before this phrase or you'll loose the opportunity to see what's the meaning of art.

In fact, Record of Lodoss War franchise has inspired many things.
I would say Sophitia took inspiration from the Lady of Pharis:

lodosswall073.JPG

200718J5.JPG
lodosswar13.jpg

PS 2. The art for this one was made by Akihiro Yamada, another great artist who is a great reference for aesthethically appealing muscular characters.
It is always nice to see others who appreciate Record of Lodoss War.
As for the female character that was scrapped, Urbosa was brought up as an example for what was inspiring them outside of other fighting games adding dark skinned female characters lately (Ramlethal, Master Raven, Menat)
With how big and successful Breath of the Wild was, having a character build like a Gerudo woman would be very different and new for SC.

I thought this was an interesting Tweet from Harada:

Someone commented on how amazing it was that there were no leaks about Negan coming to Tekken 7. It was a big announcement that actually took everyone by surprise. Harada responded that they have a policy of intentionally leaking fake information to company staff so that they can identify the source of a leak. Hearing this, I couldn't help but wonder...

1. Could any of the bad leaks have been intentional disinformation? To try and ferret out where the leaks were coming from?

2. Is Project Soul at all worried about how leaky SCVI's development has been? I know Japanese developers can be super strict about this sort of thing, and Harada definitely seems to pride himself on running a tight ship.
I never bothered talking about it before, but I actually had heard something at a point a few months ago about a Season 2 guest character that was claimed to be coming, but I discarded it because I didn't trust it based on how I know how Harada treats leaks in the past with intentionally putting out fake info to divisions of employees to weed them out.

I'm trying to imagine who they could feed false information to, and I can only keep thinking of people who absolutely need all the correct information and data to do their job. Translators definitely need the real text. Everyone in a QA department testing the game would definitely see everything as it is. Everyone working on voice recording needs the actual real script to do their job.

Either way, I think the leaks we have had has already proven themselves to be completely legit. We've had people specify Azwel's name, explain Libra of Soul in rather exact detail, and describe Grøh before the game was even released. You wouldn't be able to guess those things, so those are definitely legit leaks. Maybe they got fed a little bit of fake information alongside some of the real information? I guess that's possible.

I hope the dev team isn't too upset about stuff getting leaked. I can remember Harada becoming pretty mad in the past when Tekken would have a lot of stuff leaked. It is crazy how much stuff in general is being leaked with games these days. Ubisoft in particular has a ton of stuff leaked before they announce stuff.
I don't really need to tell you again where some of my information was originated from

Well SCVI won't be the only one Doa6 Koei Tecmo also revealed that some characters may not make its March 2019 launch. This is due to the heavy development schedule, so some playable characters may be available as DLC at a later date. Must be a japanese dev thing.
Japanese people take quarterly reports very seriously and has had a history of putting games out to have something out that quarter, to the detriment of the game itself. There are plenty of examples of this throughout the years.
If you want something I had that came my way about SCVI not being able to be released any later or delayed (despite serious talks about it) came down to Bandai Namco wanting a big release title around and for Q4 2018 no matter what.
Code Vein was supposed to come out on September 28. They delayed it to a general 2019 release because they saw more potential in that than SCVI when it comes to a return.
I hope them prioritizing Code Vein over SCVI winds up being worth it and they didn't hurt SCVI to try and help Code Vein, which may not even be as successful as they assume it might be. I don't hate Code Vein or anything like that, but edgy anime Dark Souls is still more niche feeling than SCVI is altogether.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand of course they show something new the exact second I post the infographic. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

40377645_10217318288298920_8396808157719953408_n.jpg

It's not very clear with regards to the CaS stuff. Are the 100 pieces of customization included in the armor packs?
Didn't this happen last time where you updated it.... only for more new information to come out almost immediately after?

I doubt it means anything, but it would be kind of funny if the 3 silhouettes were actually meant as hints and it really is 2 guys and 1 girl. If they are really doing that, I question the decision since people are more demanding the female characters that will not have made it in at launch.

Famitsu just released an article on Libra of the Souls and gave us some interesting images and information. Definitely seems to be taking a more RPG like approach though.

l_5b837c9d726a1.jpg

Tira story mode in Soul Chronicle also confirmed with an image; (can I just say I really enjoy the story artwork holy hell...also looks to be going into her already approved backstory as that looks like she probably killed her foster parents in that scene...but who knows could be anyone.
l_5b83843abd7bb.jpg

You can also choose the school of other guest characters! (second guest character now confirmed it seems)
the creation characters of other players will appear in their "MISSION: Libra of Soul"! (Interesting)
About 370 kinds of parts for character creation
Hiroaki artwork of Tira is too good.

The Libra of Soul shot with the dialogue options was kind of weird to me because of the what they put that together. The way they put the CAS character in the dialogue box like that gave me a vibe and reminded me of the first Drakengard game.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201808/30162981.html

Libra of Soul:
  • Considered to be a "behind the scene" mode focusing on "another soul"
  • You can choose the weapons, parts of costumes and fighting style of of any character (cf. infra), and modify your appearance at any time
  • There are cities on the map, where you can buy items and weapons
  • You can have random encounters while traveling on the map
  • The more levels, the stronger you get (and you can also equip stronger weapons, hints of either weapon exp. or weapon stats)
  • Fights with special "rules": weaker hero, stronger pushes,..
  • Created character from other players will appear in your campaign

Creation:
  • They talk about choosing your height "freely", maybe we will have a slider rather than 4 or 5 heights? We are only getting 5 heights (cf. official Soul website)
  • Same goes for muscles
  • Modification of each part like in SCV is still possible.
  • They talk about 370 parts (they say "types of parts" though)
  • Still different face paints, stickers (scars, emblems, etc.), still customizable
  • They talk about "Weapon creation", which is nothing but weapon customization, like in SCV (at least, that's only what they show)
  • Still extra parts like in SCV
  • Still different frames (serious or funny ones)
  • Get ready: WE CAN CHOOSE GERALT'S FIGHTING STYLE FOR OUR CaS!!!!
That sounds really good and is interesting information they revealed for it. Hopefully they dedicate more shine on the mode and character creation in general in a trailer later since the Libra of Soul trailer kind of fell on deaf ears thanks to the Tira debacle garnering more of the attention away.
Respect to CDPR for actually allowing Geralt's style to be used for CAS. I never thought that would ever happen in a SC game honestly.

Did you ever say? I must have missed that. Either way, I imagine that's something you'd want to keep quiet.
I would. But it's hard to ignore or not admit that me talking about hearing about lines recorded for various things related to the game is the most specific I could ever vaguely talk about it. I know wasn't from any actors. They knew who was involved in the English and Japanese voice acting though. The info was too much spread out and concentrated to ever be from an actor. It's kind of weird to say, but even I don't know the exact hierarchy from where a lot of it came down from if that makes sense. I only know what I was told.

Wasn't that Markman?
Futurama-Fry.jpg

Last edited:
I thought about something that I think we should band together and do soon, around or after SCVI's release if people wouldn't mind taking part.
It would need to be done in steps with a deadline, but I think it could be helpful since Okubo talked about taking feedback into consideration for SCVI's future.
People seem to be a bit disappointed about if Groh and Azwel are the only newcomers. So I think it could be helpful if we concentrated some effort on letting them know something we'd want to see from a newcomer.

Step 1 would be creating a thread with new weapon / moveset style suggestions you'd like to see a newcomer use.
Establish a deadline to where the cutoff for when suggestions end and someone like @WindupSkeleton closes that thread.

Step 2 me or someone else (group effort?) compiles all of the suggestions.

Step 3 creating a new thread that lets 8WayRun users vote on which one they want.
Once the deadline is up, we present the results to Okubo, the Soulcalibur twitter account, all of Bandai Namco's twitter accounts, and even tag Markman here. I'm sure we can get Max (who has a huge following) and some pro players here to share it too. The whole point is getting the right eyes on it.

Step 1 would be creating a thread with new weapon / moveset style suggestions you'd like to see a newcomer use.
Establish a deadline to where the cutoff for when suggestions end and someone like @WindupSkeleton closes that thread.
62896c8163872b048ad259cea4e0ab7f--sai-weapon-medieval-times.jpg

add Tessen (steel/war fan), replace Sickle for Kusarigama, Polearm for Flail, Add-Chain for Snake-blade, Wand for Rapier...

Last edited:
I thought about something that I think we should band together and do soon, around or after SCVI's release if people wouldn't mind taking part.
It would need to be done in steps with a deadline, but I think it could be helpful since Okubo talked about taking feedback into consideration for SCVI's future.
People seem to be a bit disappointed about if Groh and Azwel are the only newcomers. So I think it could be helpful if we concentrated some effort on letting them know something we'd want to see from a newcomer.

Step 2 me or someone else (group effort?) compiles all of the suggestions.

Step 3 creating a new thread that lets 8WayRun users vote on which one they want.
Once the deadline is up, we present the results to Okubo, the Soulcalibur twitter account, all of Bandai Namco's twitter accounts, and even tag Markman here. I'm sure we can get Max (who has a huge following) and some pro players here to share it too. The whole point is getting the right eyes on it.

During the build-up, and following the launch of Soulcalibur VI, I've had plans for the casual forum and trimming the fat a little bit. I was already planning to reach out to people who had better contact/connections and those who already serve as prominent community members, in order to better facilitate communication between the devs and the community, inspired in part by the recent actions of King K. Rool fans in the Smash Bros fandom, the fans of Marvel's Quaser with the cake, and the Final Fantasy XIV fandom sending book of fan-posted messages and pictures to the Project Leader, Naoki Yoshida, for his birthday for the past two years.

This would include an organised approach to desires as well as concerns, as I feel more structured messages are the best way to communicate these things.

So this idea is VERY much to my liking indeed, Vergeben.

I'm always open to hearing ideas from the community, especially constructive ones, on how to best improve the forums and better represent the franchise as the outspoken and passionate fans we are.

This idea of yours is something I'll probably make a thread about in the future, as it's going to be a big effort and I don't want it clogging up too much of this or any other thread for now, so if you'd like to PM me about it and we can CC in anyone interested for now?

And of course anyone else that has ideas or suggestions on what would make their forum experience better, please PM me. I promise I'm not as sarcastic or bitter as I might come across sometimes ;)

Last edited:
You know what PS should do?

A concept contest. They show a bunch of concepts for Soulcalibur and have the audience vote, and the one with the most votes becomes a legit character. Think like what Eliza became in Tekken.

Oh wow no please!! Trollada did that and we ended with the worst EVER character in the franchise being added to the Tekken franchise, aka Eliza.

You need to consider that a lot of weebs will just vote to vote. Some of them wouldn't even care much how it would affect the franchise.

Back