Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Random question: Has anyone ripped the images from the opening part of the characters' Soul Chronicle? Like the very start where it has the character art on the book-like background and the narrator is talking.
It looks like the opening sequences are just two images, one for the character and the other for the background. I could rip all of them if you want, it should be really easy.

It looks like the opening sequences are just two images, one for the character and the other for the background. I could rip all of them if you want, it should be really easy.
It'd be cool to play around with if you could. Thanks.

I'm sorry, maybe it's just me, but I don't get the Li Long hype. His design is ass. We already have a nun-chuck guy, but obviously that doesn't stop Project Soul (see: Sword and Shield). I think the dual nun-chucks are cool and all, but really he needs a redesign. Homeboy looks dumb as hell.
It's the potential for what they could do with him. I doubt they'd not put any work into him if he were brought back.

You mean like
"Mitsurugi VS Sophitia!" By the announcer?
Or the characters making a comment in VS to each other?
If so I pretty much agree, I really liked that in the past.

I was actually thinking about the second one, but the second would be great as well.

Also what happen to the characters announcers too, you know when Ivy or Siegfried or any other character says "Soul Calibur 2"

In MK11 you can unlock voice announcer with Shao Khan and Kronika (and based supposed leak a Johnny Cage version is coming too), i think that it would be cool for SC too, imagine Nightmare saying "Round One Fight, KO!!!", that may be cool.

Since Im bored and the sophitia board is kinda dead, what do yall think of her matchups? What do u think is her best/worst?

I personally have an easy ass time vs Ivy and Amy tbh. Raphael and Xianghua are pretty annoying to deal with but I find them irritating regardless of who Im playing.
Nightmare still feels like a given match sometimes

I'd say most feel pretty even or at least somewhat favorable for her. Raph is annoying to fight for me usually but that's more of a personal weakness I intend to work on. I find Sieg to be easy with her, usually free wins against Nightmare, and Groh seems generally favorable unless they play extremely safe.

Since I main Talim I have to say I have a hard time against the Sophitia. So perhaps Sophitia does wonders against Talim or I am just terrible 'cause I'm a scrub lol.

With sweet Groh I'd say it is 50/50.

Sophitia is just really an unstoppable force when mastered. She has an incredible defensive game, block and punish, having an answer to almost anything that can be thrown at her. She’s not fancy, she doesn’t have any particular gimmick, but she’s built well against practically anything. Anyone against her is just a war of attrition, and if your opponent is predictable, just block and punish them until they die. That’s pretty much always her game plan. It’s super effective.

Since Im bored and the sophitia board is kinda dead, what do yall think of her matchups? What do u think is her best/worst?

I personally have an easy ass time vs Ivy and Amy tbh. Raphael and Xianghua are pretty annoying to deal with but I find them irritating regardless of who Im playing.
Astaroth and Voldo are pretty good matchups for her I’d say.

Hell, I haven’t even fought a Sophitia in weeks. Did they just vanish or what? All I get nowadays are Ivy’s, Sieg’s, and Taki’s.

Last edited:
I had nothing better to do so I did this.

Soul Calibur 6 Season 1 Full Roster.png

I was actually thinking about the second one, but the second would be great as well.

Also what happen to the characters announcers too, you know when Ivy or Siegfried or any other character says "Soul Calibur 2"

In MK11 you can unlock voice announcer with Shao Khan and Kronika (and based supposed leak a Johnny Cage version is coming too), i think that it would be cool for SC too, imagine Nightmare saying "Round One Fight, KO!!!", that may be cool.

Yeah I have to agree fully!

Regarding the characters as announcers for things like the "Soulcalbur" I believe they're adding that in Season 2?
Amy has
"Soulcalibur 6"
"Project Soul"
"Bandai Namco games"

I don't know if the other characters have this but Amy does at the very least, so it could be coming? I would love the characters to get the ability to be announcers for the game though, I'd probably pick Ivy!

I hope they add this back, it will liven up the game quite a bit.

Since I main Talim I have to say I have a hard time against the Sophitia. So perhaps Sophitia does wonders against Talim or I am just terrible 'cause I'm a scrub lol.

With sweet Groh I'd say it is 50/50.

Asta and Maxi are my main issues. Though I do agree. A good sophie having access to a few moves that can really get around a lot of what Talim can do.

Per the request of @werewolfgold , here's the images from the individual characters' Soul Chronicle opening! https://mega.nz/#!fnIyCSra!u74RoJyqs7qbfzGRyDEyRqb5nhPzVazE0MtGYiC1EUM

The characters and the backgrounds are separate images, so you'll have to combine them yourself. I figured I'd leave them that way so you could re-position them as you like.
Going off that. Weren’t the pictures from soul chronicle linked here? Does someone have those and the stuff in the museum?

For context I’m a C3 with Sophitia based in London, England EU.

I never face Xianghua, like ever.
since release I’ve had 10-15 matches with X.
Kilik is second rarest I rarely face him above E rank.

Mina does give me trouble because of range,it’s often a constant game of cat and mouse.
I do better with Zasalamel.

Worse match for me as Sophitia is Siegfried.
Most competent Sig players use the same strat as Sophitia (defence and punish). difference is he has really strong gimmicks so the last 30% is always a major ball ache to deal with.

As for Season 2....

I just think the poor communication is going to have a bad impact on the game that will inevitably effect interest.

There has been So much balance patches and I get it somethings needed fixing.
But they’re STILL wrong, tracking verticals and inconsistent combos accompanied by bad netcode is some of the worse.
They say they won’t give nightmare an i12 because it’ll “break” the game but... LOL okay.
The game is bare bones and they continue to starve it.

Even more stages would of made things better to cope with the drought but they don’t even want to put in the CAS stage or the Libra ones.
I’m optimistic but the game is running into trouble the more they delay season 2 the worse it will be.
Because they’ll delay it and then STILL take months to drop characters.

Last edited:
As for Season 2....

I just think the poor communication is going to have a bad impact on the game that will inevitably effect interest.

There has been So much balance patches and I get it somethings needed fixing.
But the game is bare bones and continues to be starved.

Even more stages would of made things better to cope with the drought but they don’t even want to put in the CAS stage or the Libra ones.
I’m optimistic but the game is running into trouble the more they delay season 2 the worse it will be.
Because they’ll delay it and then STILL take months to drop characters.
If we did a direct comparison of Tekken 7 and SoulCalibur VI, this could very well be a loose approximation of the schedule we should look forward to:
Code:
Season Pass 1        Jun 1
Eliza                Jun 1
Tekken Bowl          Aug 31
Geese                Nov 29
Noctis               Mar 19
Season Pass 2        Sep 5
Anna/Lei             Sep 5
Marduk/Armor King    Dec 3
Julia/Negan          Feb 28

Season Pass 1        Oct 18
Tira                 Oct 18
2B                   Dec 17
Customization Set A  Feb 18
Amy                  Mar 25
Customization Set B  May 15
Cassandra            Jul 21
Season Pass 2        Dec 10
Hwang/Lizardman      Dec 10
Rock/Li Long         Mar 10
Yun-seong/Setsuka    May 30

This would put a season 2 reveal around November, because Tekken got about a month's notice.

Back