Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Hwang feels like a character that would take a long time to develop like Haohmaru or a new character since Hwang would need a lot of new moves or a new gimmick.

Yun-seong imo would make sense for season 2.

I lose faith in Hwang after seeing how bad Project Soul is with Haohmaru

Hwang has his gimmick already.

He was the first character with SCCs and he was Top with this. Just apply something of this with cancels and/or Soul Charge.

Algol would be absolutely meh at this point in time tho cannot be excluded completely (no matter how doubtful his appearance would be)
I still suspect they will bring Setsu, Korean boi and a new char to spice things up (tho I would personally much more prefer to have Rock)
In the end we can speculate as much as we can and almost everything may be possible

Of course.

I think a lot of us didn't expect Hilde and if Hilde made it, I don't see why Algol can't. Is logical.

Fuck the hair.

Yunsung better learn some new things from Mina and Hwang 'cause his Crane stance shit isn't working.

Better emulate your hero Hwang if you want a shot, Low Tier boy.
Well, considering he and Talim were both good in 2, depending on the tier list, and then trash in 3 and 4, I’d say it’s pretty likely that Yun-Seong would be reworked similarly.

In my opinion, his main faults in 3 and 4 were due to the stripping of his stances in combination with a lack of mix up while in them.

Well, considering he and Talim were both good in 2, depending on the tier list, and then trash in 3 and 4, I’d say it’s pretty likely that Yun-Seong would be reworked similarly.

In my opinion, his main faults in 3 and 4 were due to the stripping of his stances in combination with a lack of mix up while in them.

Yunsung was the worst character in SC2 and Lower Mid in SC3 AE and SC4. Talim was High Tier in SC2 and right now she is debatable as a Top 10-15 character. Yunsung's performance unfortunately has always been poor and I'm not even bringing Hwang for comparisons.

Talim was poor in SC3 and SC4 but right now she is a contender again.

I mean, yeah, Yunsung can be made competitive by the balance team so that isn't an issue but again, Hwang has precedence over him as a character being an OG and performance wise, he's always been superior to Yunsung. (Soul Edge, SC1, SC2 as Assassin and SC3 AE)

Are you sure? Yun was usually regarded as one of the weaker characters in 2. I’d be fine with Yun but he does need a fix if they’re going to bring him back. If they can fix Talim, Raphael, and Mina (the latter two were also notable for being poorly regarded by competitive users in the past to which they’re now full on menaces in SC6) they can fix Yun.

That is correct.

This is the best version of Raphael (even with SC2's SCCS and 2G Prep) , Talim (underrated damage dealer, jailing abilities, tricky hurtbox and best RE and one of the better meter users) and Mina (damage, mixups, oki)

Mina in particular has never been good prior to SC6. SC2 was her best version prior and that was just as Mid Tier. That's why sometimes I laugh at 1Bina memes. I mean, let Mina shine. She almost always hasn't been that good. This is her time to enjoy the Top.

Hmm. What was Raphael's problem, I'm not familiar to his gameplay.
In the past, Raph suffered a lot. He had an extremely linear gameplan with no reliable means of dealing with sidesteps, a very weak payout on hit, almost no Ring Outs, Prep was gimmicky and punishable, few mixups and was rather outclassed as a whole by other characters who play in a similar role but didn’t have to deal with his problems. However, SC6 fixed most of his issues and now he’s a fucking nightmare.

Are you sure? Yun was usually regarded as one of the weaker characters in 2. I’d be fine with Yun but he does need a fix if they’re going to bring him back. If they can fix Talim, Raphael, and Mina (the latter two were also notable for being poorly regarded by competitive users in the past to which they’re now full on menaces in SC6) they can fix Yun.
I should probably amend my statement to ‘not as bad’ but if I recall correctly the French competitive scene placed him higher than other competitive scenes did.

As a long-time Raphael player, yes, he’s always had flaws, but I appreciated the challenge of getting into peoples’ heads and turning their strategies against them. He’s always been super fun to play, but a bit of an uphill battle. It’s just that in SoulCalibur VI, practically every character’s power level is through the roof, because they’ve taken the approach of buff everyone to get up to the top tier versus nerfing the top tier. There have been nerfs, but there have historically been more buffs. I appreciate that every character has had most of their weaknesses addressed, really makes fighting in general a blast. But Raphael’s core gameplay is still much the same. Read your opponent, set them up, counterattack and destroy.

i have a video saved of a blonde woman dancing and saying “I told you so” for the inevitable period in the fall when Yun-seong is revealed and not Hwang.

Yun-seong is the safe obvious choice. I bet Project soul had no idea how people would beg for hwang and threw him Mina story as a cool Easter egg.

Yun is obviously higher on their priorities. I’ve waited this long for a korean male that I just need Yun to not be slow as a slug like he was in SC4

They could give me anything, just don't bring Algol in SCVI.
ERJ11HQXUAETWfx.jpeg

Hmm, I wonder who is better... A badass motherfucker who became a god, uses his own chair as a weapon and has an interesting style (Algol) or an annoying brat whose storyline is essentially 'I hate you dad >:( * runs away *' and has the most boring and braindead style in the game (Seong Mi-na). I guess it must be Seong Mi-na since she is more popular and a waifu right?

Back