Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

With the dev team starting to explain what's coming in the next patch and hinting at one of the mechanics for the upcoming DLC character it makes me wonder if they're also frustrated that the DLC character hasn't been announced yet. Maybe the dev team just wants the announcement to happen already so they can talk more about the DLC, while the marketing team is super stubborn and demands the news comes from a big tournament.

while the marketing team is super stubborn and demands the news comes from a big tournament.

I think the higher ups are more at play here than the marketing team. Considering the global pandemic and Evo being cancelled for the first time ever, everyone is in uncharted waters with how things are going to play out. I suspect that a lot of debate is going off on how Bandai Namco promotes it's fighting games in the future with much of it still undecided.

You'd think that they would've already hosted a livestream for their fighting games using the new studio they set up. something similar to MHW's Developer Diary or MK11's Kombat Kast. Get all the devs on a zoom call and they can showcase upcoming news and DLC for all their fighting games. Hell, they can even take notes from Nintendo and pre-record these things and have them voiced over, translated, and uploaded to the Bamco America youtube channel. Novel concept to them I'm sure.

it's baffling because, I'm sure something like this has been suggested to them before, but Japanese businesses tend to take its sweet time pulling the trigger on new ideas...

At this point, you can't even point the finger at the devs anymore because if they had it their way, we'd (at the very least) would've gotten a teaser by now. it's really the suits holding things up.

Last edited:
Wait did someone harassed Tara Platt? Or is he talking about the Japanese VA?
Someone start to @ tag/mark Tara Platt and Nanaho Katsuragi in all tweets about SC. I don't know if people know anything about dubbing, but if Tara confirms that dubbing Bandai Namco could sue her for breach of contract, they can't confirm anything until they are released, which is why the voice actors only confirm their voices afterwards official SC release, so that could be more damaging to her than the SC itself..

So it's this Saturday.

Untitled.png

Well my earlier speculation about fighting game developers doing some promotion together seems to be right on the money. Biggest surprise is Arika but I have a feeling they are fairing better in the east than they are in the west, which is a shame because I'm a fan of a lot of their fighting game characters.

Japan Fighting Game Publishers Roundtable live stream set for August 1.png

Maybe Namco might having a event like "FUN", but with just for SCVI, T7, & DBFZ to discuss new content for those games during what was EVO weekend because it's a week after "FUN" is over.

Japan Fighting Game Publishers Roundtable a perfect place for new announcements because EVO US 2020 was cancelled. This weekend was supposed to be EVO weekend.

I honestly feel like a pressure valve has been released now that I've seen this, plus it's only just a few days away which is a major plus. I bloody ready for this as I'm sure every else here is, I just hope Setsuka and Hwang are going to be fun as these are the two characters I've been waiting for that I really want to sink my time into. Also fingers crossed for season 3 announcement. If we do an announcement, I hope we get a load of new moves again like we did with season 2.

Well my earlier speculation about fighting game developers doing some promotion together seems to be right on the money. Biggest surprise is Arika but I have a feeling they are fairing better in the east than they are in the west, which is a shame because I'm a fan of a lot of their fighting game characters.

View attachment 77253
Are there any confirmation of any "promotion" in this? Sounds like its just a simple talk show or interview.

Back