Team France *Official*

solid team right there. goddamn. lots of DTN Yoshi vids available on youtube though.
probably my favorite yoshi player!

Yeah, France ran out of good players so we chosed this line up ;)

It's a shame Keev refused to be in this line up, since he would have OCV'd Team USA for free !

Happy training for team USA, you have some character that aren't that present in the US I think haha ;)

so keev didn't refuse he just lost some team battle to determine the spots? (same for kayane?)

From what I've seen from DTN, he's fairly solid, but he's connecting some janky tech traps. Can't knock him for it, though, because it's working where he is.

Although it's doubtful Team USA will be anywhere in my area, if they were, I'd be happy to run them through the gamut of Yoshi stuffs.

so keev didn't refuse he just lost some team battle to determine the spots? (same for kayane?)

Well, it is not so simple...

The Saitoh's team won the team contest against Kayane's and Keev's team (which has defeated Malek's team).

But the Saitoh's formation was 7 players, and the national team can be 5 players at least, up to 8. To sum-up, there was still one spot free...

So Saitoh asked Keev to join the national team. Keev kindly declined because he didn't want to betray his promise to Kayane : he said he won't join the national team without her.
Yep, he is a true samurai with his own nindo.

Then, Saitoh asked Dina, who accepted (well, he didn't make a promise to anyone so no problem loool).

From my personnal point of view, I think that Keev is maybe the best player in France right now, nevertheless, in one match for a team contest, Dina's hilde will be priceless for the french team.

But Keev and Kayane will be of course at the solo contest, and the open team contest.

Anyway, the formation is still solid with old generation (Saitoh, DTN...) and rookies of the year (Keysona, Scud...)

So Saitoh asked Keev to join the national team. Keev kindly declined because he didn't want to betray his promise to Kayane : he said he won't join the national team without her.
Yep, he is a true samurai with his own nindo.

This is getting sigged.. Lol.

Well, based off what I think and what I heard there has been some misunderstanding/quarrel inside the french top players b/c Saitoh, DTN and Kayane all have a difficult personality (and probably ambition too), so one thing after another they couldnt settle their problems like an adults in the end. Eventually DTN allied with Saitoh while Keev sided with Kayane.
As for Malek, Scud has recently been doing better at local sessions not to mention him winning last ranking. In the end it has been decided to hold a vote as to how to settle this disputes, through which "team grudge battle" format has been chosen. You well know the rest.

As for current setup of team france: I think it is safe to say, that there are differences between very good, very strong or talented players, and EXCEPTIONAL players. While many players on the team are the former, they dont have the proper experience (especially international one) and are NOT exceptional like Saitoh, DTN, Keev, Kayane and (IMO) Malek.

I have played all this players and I can tell my opinion on them.

Saitoh (captain) - Asta Power Level: 10
Is one of the exceptional players, which many of you have learned the hard way. Is probably the best Astaroth in the world. Every time I played him, he had a new tricks down his sleeve, so its never an easy battle even if you know this matchup as well as I do.

DTN - Yoshi
Power Level: 9
Another exceptional player, who is, however still overrated in some way. His inability to stick to one character is a weakness in itself, but also may I add, he lacks matchup knowledge. If anything, he appears to be rather dependant on "mindgames" and knowledge about players he has played. This is my impression and the only logical explanation as to why his rather simple yoshi wins so often against other top players.

Scud - Ivy Power Level: 8
During my trip to France this was the only guy who was able to compete with me aside from FR top 4. You may disregard him now, but he is a REAL force to be reckoned with and apparently he has gotten stronger since I visited. And even superseded Malek in the end. The only question is IF his matchup experience and his tournament, international experience and ability to withstand pressure due is up to his skill. If it is - USA is in BIG TROUBLE. But I dont think it is, b/c no matter how good he is, he is a rather new player, that has all weaknesses of new players, even despite being fantastically talented.

Maxou - Setsu Power Level: 7
Maxou is a legend of a sort. A legend at making excuses xD. His Setsuka has perfect execution and many great set ups that can win 3 rounds so fast,that only thing you will rememeber after - "something shiny happened". Other than that he still has that fundamental weakness of theory fighters of poor _practical_ matchup knowledge.

Keysona - Mitsu Power Level: 7
Keysona has a nice Mitsu, but has still a long way to go. I dont know if he can fill that gap in this 1.5 month left till Cannes, but he doesnt have exceptional feats of Scud and IS a new players at the same time. But to USA players, who have a fantastic Hilde under the belt - is not much to worry.

Dina - Hilde Power Level: 7
Dina using Sophitia is a former top 5 of france. Now... well, that's a hilde. I cant say much about his Hilde since I only played a handful of games vs it, but definitely RTD has a better one. His Sophitia is good and might have been troublesome, but as for hilde I think USA has a lot of experience vs Hilde, and if I remember those on the team, I can only come up with pictures of Hilde destruction and ruin. KDZ at Evo, vids of S-U vs hilde, RTD mirrors and even Thuggish. All have good ability to deal with Hilde. Aside from general power of Hilde there is nothing new or significant to expect.

Ahriman - Voldo Power Level: ? (supposingly 6)
Ahriman is a player unknown to you, but also very talented. I never played his Voldo, b/c back then he wasnt using it, but was one of the most interesting players with sophitia and maxi. I dont know if it is possible to build up competetive shape in half a year using new character (even if he picked Voldo up right after I left france , which I doubt), but even IF its possible USA has MANY talented Voldo's that can prepare you for this matchup and I suggest you take that chance.

Kira - Cervy Power Level: 5
I think the main reason behind Kira's presense in the team is his amazing ability to handle hilde. Kira lacks matchup knowledge against way too many characters and that may prove his downfall if he doesnt fill the gap (which is outright next to impossible given the limited time). His exectution is still top-notch.

Well... everybody will agree on the fact that Keev and Kayane will miss the french team...

But, we really try to build this dream team... it was just... impossible lol

Then, Keysona and Dina did a huge level-up since you came in paris. I don't know for the other.

Scud has a very stong mental, he won't fail no matter what the presure is lol

Belial... I miss you !

But if you apply the same to USA, you will understand why France will WIN.
However before talk about France or USA, remember that there are more than 2 team in this comp.
Germany or Italy or Switzerland or Singapour or others can also win.

Back