Voldo Match video and discussion

I think it was beacause i violate the terms of use by playing fallout 3 before realse date when connected to live. My fault :\

Dunno, I guess everythings been said already. Great V, cool use of evades, solid mixup, nice flow. Appreciating that footage!

I lol´d when you "landed" that A+K heh.

Bolgan that was pretty good overall but you dropped a couple of things. Like I saw you hit BS 1A with asty's ass to the edge... and not try to tech trap... not something you use normally because back tech owns alot of options but when there is a wall/edge involved they cant run from you and you need to take advantage of that... you also might want to use LF K when you end up in MCFT instead of just running away... aside from that it just felt like a different brand of voldo

Oh, c'mon Brewtus ~ That Bolgan did exceptional Voldo play all around =)

And curious what ya mean by different brand of Voldo?

-Manta-

1[K] 2B+K, 66... not something I see like anyone else use

But I dont like giving people too much credit... too many people get cocky and stop improving when you do that

I appreciate all your suggestions :D Now after BS 1A i make 2K its guaranteed. Dont worry BrewtusBibulus im working on my style. But i`ve gave Voldo few days off so he can take a rest and now im playing Yoshi, he also rocks :D

What's a good follow up to BS 3:B: 1:(B):? I usually try following up with a grab, but it's punishable out of the ass.

Here's the most recent video selection from the illustrious Sporko. Come one, come all, and watch KidDZaster brutally sodomize me in ways even Voldo would find horrifying!

InsaneKhent was merciful enough to only post 3 of the 5 matches that KDZ made me his bitch in. KDZ always wrecks me but this may have been a new low for me. 5 straight matches without a single match win, and only 4 round wins.

The next couple vids are much closer and much more fun to watch.

i have my regional this saturday, if people are recording then i should have a few more videos to contribute.

wrong thread to ask but Bibulus are you coming up to mass this saturday?

Not too shabby, Bolgan. But you need to practice your 6:6Bs. Several times in that vid you could have 6:6B'd him right out of the ring but did not.

Man, am I glad I post these videos sometimes. Everytime I start to become aware that I"m having a problem, I just watch my vids a few times and realize that the problem is way bigger than I'd suspected it to be.

I use CR A+B way way way way way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy too much, even when I consciously know that I am going to pay dearly for it 90% of the time. My fingers betray me, heh.

When some of you start to notice you're developing a very bad habit (with any character, really, doesn't have to be Voldo) is there anything special you do to get yourself to break it?

Also, sidenote since I haven't said anything about it yet

Bolgan: Great vid man, I could only *wish* that I could A+K evade at will like that.

Sporko, a while ago I noticed I used 3BB way to much. I kinda made a habit of it while casually playing online. When I was playing offline again I got away with it for the first 3 or so matches and then got seriously whopped for that.

Dunno, if it´s in your muscle memory just try to make a conscious effort and restrain yourself from doing it whenever you get the impulse to do that move. Or instead of not doing it, try doing something else, like CR K.

Some vids from the latest session. For some reason high quality doesn't seem to be available but I've noticed that often seems to be the case with recently uploaded vids so it'll probably be available in HQ soon.

Man, I really need to start using 2K after BS 1A. It's free and I know that but I don't use it because I haven't conditioned myself too yet.

Anyhow, sometime later tonight or probably tomorrow sean should upload my matches against KDZ and KPC.

K's your only real option to keep people from ducking CR transitions outta 2A+B. A+B/CR throws hit high, CR AA 1st hit is high so the 2nd hit is way too telegraphed to matter as a mid, and CR B is terrible on block, CR K is really your main-stay to keep people standing.

Same thing about Mantra, though your voldo is still alot better then mine(Insane video's with you and AlexJ), I suggest always watching your 3BB usage vs good players, as well as sticking with a 50/50 CR K/CR whatever mixup.

Ruiner

Same thing about Mantra, though your voldo is still alot better then mine(Insane video's with you and AlexJ),

I appreciate the comments =) You should look aside from that video, I hadn't slept at all with that match against Alex, but then again he wasn't feeling well either.

There's plenty of other vids in Ceirnian's channel from our regionals ~ We also have a rematch, among other Voldo antics I'm somewhat proud of than that first travesty of a match you saw :p

Lemme know what you guys think =)

-Manta-

Generally u ppl underestimate Voldos power of kicking K, 3K, 66K,2k, 1K, BS 3K, BS 4K A those are basics.

Back