Voldo Match video and discussion

You really like 44[K] Manta. :)

However, counting the results it may not be such a good choice for you.

5 times in those vs AlexJ matches you successfully did damage as a result of it.
5 times you got hit out of it.
5 times you both whiffed completely and were too far away from each other to do anything about it.

Anywho, gimme some feedback too!

Hey esom :) you guys actually did pretty well on both sides, I don't have much comments on it.
but why not try some 1[K]~ that 1K>6:6B juggle is pretty cool though。

I am wondering ,how voldo to deal with a char that has a great step , since voldo is lacking anti-step abilities. :((
might be we should just play more turtle?

some videos from Jan.09 , that NM 's Step G strats just so annoying .

Fiendchi
It's scary to see that your playstyle is so much like mine. You even half-abuse of 2A, Throw, just like I do.

- Finally, someone who use 66K as one of their main move! This move is overall underused I think.
- Very nice use of 2A.
- Nice throw-mixups.
- Great oki.
- Overall, good mixup game.
- Sweet use of evasion moves (with this I mean that you used it, but rarely and in the right moments).

- Overall, I think you played very well and solid.

Unfortunetly, Nightmare is one of those characters I know the least, so I can't comment punishing.

Some minor thoughts:

- Don't see the point in using BS 4K, especially against nightmare. Lying on the ground against Nightmare is never a good idea (he has amazing oki). But then, only saw this move like once or twice.

- This might be because I only watched 3 vids, but you seem to (almost) always do BS throw after 66K. Mix it up a little bit better, and remember, nightmare ducking throw is never good, as his FC is really dangerous.

- Small tip (not just for you). After CR K (hit), do BS B+K instantly (not so you go into MC). I got this to hit CH SO often lately for 105 damage.

- I never saw Tiamat cancel 1[A] (I think this is the command for the GC low sweep) with the jab. You would probably dare to jump sometimes against his 1[A].

- He seemed to know that Voldo is very steppable on normal stance. Use some step killers just to interrupt, like AA or 2A and so on just to gain advantage (but then you did use 2A quite well). He stepped ALMOST EVERY TIME he was at disadvantage. It seemed a bit random when you hit him and when you didn't.

But this is just minor stuff.

As said, impressive vids.

I thought it might be interesting to show the evolution of the Sporko. Posting one or two vids from every recording session in chronological order (we didn't start until mid December, man, if you think I was bad in the first few vids you should have seen me in October, blech).

If nothing else, good players might find it interesting to watch a player go from complete scrub to being only a quasi scrub (I've had a lot of players I respect tell me I'm good now, but I still only feel as if I'm ok). As a bonus, I'll start off with a never before posted in this thread video of InsaneKhent destroying me with Seong Mina.

12/20/08

notice the complete lack of Voldo's best moves and the constant whoring of BB, 66B, BB, 66B

1/03/09

Getting a little better, but still no 2A+B, 1K, etc

1/08/09

Worth watching for the ending to the first match alone.

1/24/09

At this point you'll notice I've incorporated a lot of Voldo's best stuff into my game but you can tell by all the mistakes I make that, at this point, it's still not comfortable/familiar yet. Also evidenced by ringing myself out in the last match against Ivy, haha.

2/14/09

This is more or less the level I'm at now. These are me losing to, but putting up a good fight against, a superior Voldo player.

2/26/09

I win both of these sets but Bibulus is still working on his Hilde as far as I know and, honestly, I don't know what the deal with his Yunseong was that night. I think he was just off, or maybe he hadn't played him recently, I'm not sure.

Fiendchi
- Finally, someone who use 66K as one of their main move! This move is overall underused I think.
- Very nice use of 2A.
- Nice throw-mixups.
- Great oki.
- Overall, good mixup game.
- Sweet use of evasion moves (with this I mean that you used it, but rarely and in the right moments).

Thx for comments XD
I was using 66K that much is all because Tiamat ate my setup XDDDD, 66K>BT grabs worked well that day.
If he threw out FC K after block 66K,it can interrupt voldo so many options. and I am sure he already figured it out after matches. I really hope 66K won't lead voldo into FC, so I can do BS B+K which TJ in very early frame againest moves such 2A,FC K. (not sure BS 4K works here or not,is it has good TJ frame?)

be honest, I don't think voldo has great oki properties specially in BS. It's hard to catch your opponent if he just side roll and not tech immediately.

"- Small tip (not just for you). After CR K (hit), do BS B+K instantly (not so you go into MC). I got this to hit CH SO often lately for 105 damage. "
yeah ,CR K >instant BS moves rules . too bad to againest Tiamat :( he always just lie there and roll away. Nomally I just follow with 2K BS 44K or other stuff can hit the ground.

And last,I miss so many chance can punish by i16 6:6B !!!! I have no problem to land 6:6B>66B..... combo
but that i16 one really fed me up .....

ok I guess Im going to have to step on doug on tape this week... oh and the issues with hilde are mostly due to shitty throw breaks... but fuck that stupid whore Im through with her... I might miss out on a few free RO's but aside from that I dont see why I should play her over sophie... that and stabbing people with a serving utensil makes me laugh on the inside and I fight better as a happy drunk as opposed to a sell out drunk... that just makes me sad on the inside

Oh and chi you need to get your ass upto jersey again... I havent played you in forever

ok I guess Im going to have to step on doug on tape this week...

Ha, I'd expect no less

Sporko ~ the very last match between you and kid was priceless :D

You're definitely improving tho ~ it's more than noticeable =)

-Manta-

Man, this thread is *dead*. Anyway, as anybody who has clicked my prior links in this thread may have noticed, InsaneKhent took down the old videos. DOn't ask me why cause I don't know and he ain't telling.

HOWEVER, we have finally started recording some new vids, so this is me keeping the thread alive by posting more of my fantastic(ly mediocre) performances.

And finally, I would have posted this one before but I did'nt feel like posting it by itself

*sighs* yes I lost to Talim. *sighs again* yes I lost to Jaxel

I don't have much new in the video department, but I do have my match against Kero (french Ivy player) from the most recent Koga tourney in NJ.

I'm still pissed off about round 4 of the second match. I input 66B from blindstance to win the match but 6B came out instead and cost me the set.

Also, commentary provided courtesy of KDZ, Chuck the Landslide, Rigel and 350z, in order of loudness.

"He didn't know about that shit! He didn't know about that shit either! HE DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THAT SHIT EITHER! He doesn't know about B, B!"

"IT HITS TWICE!"

"THAT'S MORE THAN ONCE!"

don't worried i understand you
kero is a very cheap player lol use very few moves of ivy
only in sword ( never other stance ) grabs, SW CH 9B, 214K , 3B, 22_88 K, WS B and imparrable A+B that all usualy (never CS or SS )
it's simple strategie very cheap that give ugly fight but it works even against very good fighter cause he has a strong mind game
i hate this kind of ivy and this is not my play style with her but in a tournament there is no rules only victories....
sorry for the faulths i'm french too lol

Thanks Gentlemen, i main Voldo since 2 months now, and it's not long enough to beat The king of all Nightmares! When you play against him he force you to whiff with the only strenght of his mind haha. However i'm satisfied of this first serie of matches and i will learn the match up to reverse the balance asap.

PS: sorry for my english, i'm french blablabla

Very nice Voldo, Ahriman. Great execution. I'd only say play just a little less risky, since he has the best SG game and all. I noticed his bar was green for most of the matches, and that's just weird for Voldo.

I haven't posted anything for a while, so here are some miscellaneous vids from the past few Koga tournaments

I played Bibulus in two sets that day, but sadly the set where I won wasn't taped, haha. Still, the set that was taped was close and very fun.

Back