Weekly Famitsu Reveals Soulcalibur: Lost Swords

• Admin
So if you guys remember, back in July, Namco-Bandai registered a trademark for "Soulcalibur: Lost Swords". A week later, they wrapped up their Comic-con panel, and revealed absolutely nothing about the upcoming title. Well as of this week, the title has been officially revealed in Weekly Famitsu.

According to Gematsu, Soulcalibur: Lost Swords will be a Playstation 3 exclusive free-to-play game in the vein of Tekken Revolution. If its similar to their other F2P titles, the game will be "time-limited" where players must purchase tokens in order to continue playing the game beyond its initial demo hours. Not much more is known about the title, but it will most likely be a slightly modified version of Soulcalibur V.

SC-Lost-Swords-PS3-Ann.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
It doesn't make sense to put a struggling title on PS4. Why make a PS4 game that might have 2 million potential customers when you know you have 85 million ps3 players who may want a game?

I'm confused. With soul calibur: lost swords, you can play for free against people with soul calibur 5 or soul calibur: lost swords only ?

Make explain please to me.

point 2: It would be hilarious if Mitsurugi and Siegfried were the only free characters, and they were deliberately bottom tier so you'd have to pay coins to unlock the higher tier characters.

last point :
btw I honestly would have kept buying the DLC CAS parts, especially the parts of the existing SC5 characters's outfits to support namco.

Last edited:
SCII HD is a strategy to attract old school players back into the series, as a "reminder" that they have not been... let's say, forgotten.

Lost Swords is possibly a way to bring more interest (and funds) that will be used for the making of SC6.

Main point of this: Namco has not abandoned the community

I'm with you on this. We are getting a free addition to a series we like, so Namco hasn't abandoned the series (YAY?)

I don't like the idea of having to pay to play, but I will give it a chance before complaining.

It doesn't make sense to put a struggling title on PS4. Why make a PS4 game that might have 2 million potential customers when you know you have 85 million ps3 players who may want a game?

There's more PS3 users but there's also dozens of fighting games to play on it besides SC. If it were on PS4 it could easily outsell SC5 since there's no competition. Even a shitty game like DOA4 sold over a million copies for this very reason. Either way I'm excited for this game. I just hope we don't have to wait 5 years for the true sequel.

"If its similar to their other F2P titles, the game will be "time-limited" where players must purchase tokens in order to continue playing the game beyond its initial demo hours."

This sounds awful. I sincerely hope that they run it like ultimate DOA 5 with a f2p offering on the one hand, and a purchasable full game on the other. Between buying things piecemeal or being charged for playtime like somebody had never invented the home console, I can't say I find either prospect all that appealing.

I wonder what will make current SCV players like us even have any reason to play this one? Will they add or change anything?

I wonder if they'll add Character Creation.
The one from sc5 is good enough,that's like the only good thing from that game.

So it's a scrub game like Tekken Revolution? Does this mean fewer "MIC OR BOOT" scrubs on players match for real Calibur?

If so, then great. Needs more Xbox though.

Live streams

4 Viewers
FuzzyCatGirl
FuzzyCatGirl
Soul Cal Saturday!!! Get in here!!!
2 Viewers
Acehan_
Acehan_
🔴 Does your soul still burn? 🔴
2 Viewers
gigi93000
gigi93000