Yoshimitsu Web Theater.

The serious FT10 video footage between Botsu and I was lost during file copying, unfortunately. I do plan on capturing some more vids next weekend. I went ahead and uploaded some videos from our casual session when Botsu and I finally started getting our skills back. Note: Botsu is my brother, so we know each other's tactics inside and out.

Grumpy: GGs. Haven't had a chance to watch too many of your Cervy videos yet. I did see you block Cervy's BBB, which is super unsafe. Punish it with 6K2K.

- WS A is dangerous against Asta if he's paying attention. His BT B+K beats all your options and he can keep spamming it. Better to avoid using WS A if the Asta is on the ball.

- Asta can't heavily punish your 3B, meaning you can control the ground game. 2nd Face liked to stay grounded close up. Give him a reason to stand up and then you can force stronger mix-ups on him.

- Step and punish more. Asta is especially linear close up. Take advantage of that.

- You can't punish his bull rush. It does put him at major frame disadvantages, so use that to your advantage if he's spamming it.

- Asta has few ways to interrupt a well executed iMCF against safe moves on block (i.e. 6A, 22K, etc.).

Sup Hajime, I saw your recent videos.
I see u r using WC1K_K_K_K game, that´s good if used wisely as I saw u r implementing it.
Try using 44B+K game... I find it kind of good for wakes if mixed and used wisely, 44B+K 2B+KA_B_K is better than I´ve never imagined.
Duh, you were eating thos 1A from Cervantes, I assume u r rusty, hehehe.

Regards

Lolo: I don't really use it that often in serious matches. Just like I don't use T5 normally. hehe. Botsu would normally punish with WS A on block, but he's been off his game. I do get enjoyment out of killing with the last two hits.

I dislike 44B+K on wakes immensely. I'm more than happy to just 3B, 2K, 33B B+K, and throw my way to victory. 44B+K into stance cancels is a gimmick and the people I play either know their way around it or aren't intimidated by the stances.

Here comes a new challenger

Keev was in Switzerland this week-end so naturally we played together. Here are a series of first to 5 matches with some links to the youtube videos. I'll try and encode some more vids when I have time. Enjoy!

Furzy :sc2yos2: VS Keev :sc4amy1:: 5-1
Furzy :sc2yos2: VS Keev :sc4nm1:: 2-5
Furzy :sc2yos2: VS Keev :sc4nm1:: 4-5
Partie 1:
Partie 2:
Partie 3:

Furzy :sc2yos2: VS Keev :sc4nm1:: 0-5
Furzy :sc2yos2: VS Keev :sc4nm1:: 5-4
Furzy :sc2yos2: VS Keev :sc4nm1:: 1-5
Partie 1:
Partie 2:
Partie 3:

Furzy :sc2yos2: VS Keev :sc4nm1:: 3-5
Partie 1:
Partie 2:
Partie 3:

Furzy :sc2yos2: VS Keev :sc4nm1:: 5-3
Partie 1:
Partie 2:
Partie 3:

Total 30 to 52 for Keev, he's a real monster with Nightmare...

What he needs is get his ass kicked tomorrow at my place, Keev showed me some good stuff, have to test it.

Concerning the vids: You're a scrub!

No seriously, good shit Furzy! I lost 3 Times 2:5 to Keev, even though i won a lot more rounds in the last match, but his AGA pressure killed me---> RO over RO.

DOCS INSIGHT OF THE WEEKEND: DONT TRY TO STEP AFTER A:G:A WHEN YOUR BACK IS TO THE RO, DOES NOT WORK 8 out of 10. :P

Ouch! Furzy! Didnt know you were so strong! What should I do now if you challenge me at Cannes? I'd better run and hide! Or maybe I'll say I have a headache and cannot play! So you never can get your revenge! mwuhahah!!!

great games, Furzy! you did really well vs Keev. He´s a beast, so no shame what so ever in losing to him.
loved 3:30 of the second video. good stuff. :]

Keev's NM looks solid. He plays smart and doesn't do anything terrible dangerous.

Furzy: Looking stronger all the time, man. Our Yoshis are starting to look somewhat similiar now. ^_^

I'm only two videos in, but here's some minor feedback (if you want it?):

- Punish NM's NSS B (I think this is it) with 6K2K. You know, the move that leads into the 2A+B ground AT for NM. Super unsafe. NM's 2A+B on block is also 6K2K punishable.

- I agree with hotnikkelz. More throws.

- I don't believe NM has a threatening punish for your 3B. None of the NMs I've played have punished my 3B. Although frame data seems to indicate 6A can. Anyways, force him off the ground! He spends a good deal of time rolling around, and 3Bing him will force him to start standing up into your Oki.

- Maybe consider 44B+K when you're at mid-long range against him. He likes to play a zoning game against you and a:G:a is his strongest tool there. A well timed 33B while stepping / 8WRing can also TC you underneath it. Also, considering sitting outside his a:G:A range and then using things like 44B+K and 66A+B to get inside. IMO, it's best to avoid giving Sieg and NM the opportunity to a:G:a you to death.

- Just my opinion, but I think you should stop forcing the 3B, a:B+K tech trap. Seems to just be getting you into trouble. >_< Of course, I've said before I'm not a big fan of it. There are too many ways to tech out and step out of it. Btw, NM is one of the few chars that can't tech 3B, a:B+K, 66B. Guaranteed everytime. =)

Again, nice vids. Best showing I've seen from you. I got some better Yoshi v. Cervy vids I'll be posting soon. ^_^

i think you mean NSS A+B, and nightmares punish for 3B would be a:G:a again...

And lol at Keev looks "solid" :P

Thanks a lot everyone! ^^

You really really neeed more throw attempts though :)
HajimeOwari said:
- I agree with hotnikkelz. More throws.
Wrong! Before we started recording we did some freeplay of course and Keev consistently makes me whiff my throws with NSS evasion (B+K I think?)! I got NSS,A+B all the time with of course lots of ring outs! He can also just crouch and do WS,B to ring out, I really think throws are risky against him! Same thing about 33B and iFC3K, it whiffs very often, Keev has incredible insight...

Nightmare can punish my 3B with a:G:a of course, but he also gets a free throw attempt even at max range so I still find it a bit risky...

About the 3B, a:B+K you're absolutely right and by the end of the session, I completely stopped doing it for the benefit of 66B :) (unless there's a wall of course)

@Docvizzo: Ouch! Yeah I heard you got your ass kicked, did you eat a lot of NSS evasion stance too?? Cervy doesn't have much range either so it had to be difficult.

@Belial: Haha! I did some research against Mitsurugi, this won't taste the same as last time! I heard you weren't coming to Cannes?? Are you coming after all?! That's great news! :D I just finished playing against our local Mitsurugi by the way, I'll post the videos when I have time. I still have trouble against that character... >_<

@ Furzy

Well quite a bit, but i try to catch him with aB in this case, but Keevs punish well so its risky...

It was more a problem because i couldnt get through his aga Pressure because i dont have good safe TCs, i tried to experiment a bit with A+B, but then i eat NSS Evades, Punishment and its no Damage + a bit of my stupidity and BAM i lose. Like trying to step Guard away from the RO...

BTW i liked how you used 1K, sick damage, TC, safe, Full tracking...not a bad move in this situation :)

Thanks a lot everyone! ^^

Wrong! Before we started recording we did some freeplay of course and Keev consistently makes me whiff my throws with NSS evasion (B+K I think?)! I got NSS,A+B all the time with of course lots of ring outs! He can also just crouch and do WS,B to ring out, I really think throws are risky against him! Same thing about 33B and iFC3K, it whiffs very often, Keev has incredible insight...

Nightmare can punish my 3B with a:G:a of course, but he also gets a free throw attempt even at max range so I still find it a bit risky...

You didn't seem the least bit scared of NM punishing 3B honestly. Keev hardly did anyway

He was NSSing you regardless it's one of NMs best tools, just try not to be predictable with it, i saw MANY opportunities for throws really where Keev just stood there scared, i think it's cuz u forced some hesitation with 44bA for eg.
More pause BB will stop him from duck-> WS B. Although a personal favorite of mine (but may not work for u if your yomi is off). Everytime you feel he's going to NSS, use bA or 66K if you're scared ;)
Your 33B whiffs cuz you do too much of stand alone 33B, do the B+K part more often than not. Just vary the timing on when you want it to come out. The B+K part tracks ok and has the range, that's where 33B stand alone suffers.
With Yosh you are somewhat forced to do throws/unsafe lows and/or rely on counterhit dmg...that's where his damage lies. You must take that risk

'They did tests, 50% of the time, it works everytime' -Anchorman

DocVizzo: Solid in the sense that most NMs tend to be unsafe in one way or another. One can only judge so much from videos, though. Based on the first two sets of videos, he was playing it extremely safe for a NM. He rarely left himself open for punishment. I'd have to play him myself to know for sure how "solid" he is, though. After I learned NM's weaknesses, I never met a NM that ever gave me any trouble.

NM could only punish a blocked 3B with a:G:a if it was executed nearly perfect. That would require Keev to anticipate the 3B coming. I doubt he'd be punishing with it on reaction. The same could be said of Cervy punishing 3B with iGDR.

Furzy: I agree with HotNikkelz again. Right. Delaying the B+K from 33B is a strong tool. Reactive opponents tend to think you're done after the late 33B and then you get a free B+K hit. It's also a NC, even if it's delayed. Plus, the window is pretty large big to get that B+K in.

@hotnikkelz: I tried 66K against NSS evasion but it did no good :S 11A and 66A+B are good options though :)

About 33B,B+K, I ate NSS,bA_A+B all day, delay or not. Plus, the B+K part is easily steppable when I delay it, especially against nightmare! It's excellent when I mix it with throws up close but really risky at mid-range!

Furzy i have another option, which I just now thought about, haven't tested it's practicality though. Try buffered 66As, i can't help but feel 66A+B is a bit slow here.

It's kinda hard to respond to delayed B+K if you mix enough of the fast one. They really gotta outthink you to step it reflexively. Keep working on it, I think you'll have more success with careful application.
Though, I find it strange you're eating NSS bA, the B+K part has a nifty evasion in there somewhere. He gambles a lot by doing either NSS attack though. iirc they're both 6K_3B punishable.

Furzy i have another option, which I just now thought about, haven't tested it's practicality though. Try buffered 66As, i can't help but feel 66A+B is a bit slow here.

66A will whiff. 4KB on the other hand will catch him. Especially if you anticipate it.

About 33B,B+K, I ate NSS,bA_A+B all day, delay or not. Plus, the B+K part is easily steppable when I delay it, especially against nightmare! It's excellent when I mix it with throws up close but really risky at mid-range!

I think you're overthinking things. While the B+K is steppable, that's only if you're doing the delay constantly. You can use that to your advantage. If your opponent has decided to start stepping after 33B on block, use that to your advantage. Either throw, AA, etc. or continue immediately into the B+K to get a free hit.

I only watched two vids so far, really nice by the way. But I have a question. When Furzy does DRG A and Keev blocked it, Keev tried to step a following DRG B_K and it succeeded two times or so. After that Furzy used DRG A two times and got a guaranteed DRG B combo. And here is my question: I thought you only get a CH out of 8WRing opponents and not of stepping opponents?

Normally when you blocked a DGF A you can step Guard or even just step every followup to Yoshis Left. (Keev showed me that last Weekend, even works with Cervantes very well)

Maybe Keev tried, was a bit late and already tried to whiffpunish or something, maybe he did a backstep...-->ch

But normally if you just step to late you shouldnt get a ch...

grumpy: no, you get CH out of step anyway. also DFG A provides a stun regardless.

doc: Well, in fact Keev could have blocked DFG mixup and stepped UB's its not hard at all.

lulz:

i hope the french don´t mind me posting these here.

SPOILER:

DTN fuckin´ OCVed ´em with Yoshi. good to see.

Back