Soul Calibur V Assets from San Diego Comic-Con!

• Admin
In preparation for the upcoming Namco Fighting Games Panel at the San Diego Comic Con (the countdown on the front of 8WR is currently counting down till the panel); Namco has released some new assets and character artwork which confirm Ivy, as well as a stage without ringouts.

The most stunning of all this is that the male character silhouette that Daishi leaked to us last week is not Raphael, which I'm sure most of us assumed, but is instead a new character named "Zwei" (German for "two"). He also appears to be holding his sword in a "tonfa-like" fashion.

sc5_pub_2d_ivy1-copy.jpg sc5_pub_2d_natsu1-copy.jpg sc5_pub_2d_zwei1b-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_ivy1_001-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_natsu1_001-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_zwei1_001b-copy.jpg
patroklos-critical-edge.jpg patroklos-critical-edge-2.jpg patroklos-critical-edge-3.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_002.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_010.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_011.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_siegfried1_001.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_005.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_007.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_pyrrha1_002.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_pyrrha1_003.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_001.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_003.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_004.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_patroklos1_001.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_siegfried1_001.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_siegfried1_002.jpg sc5_pub_stg_arena_002.jpg sc5_pub_stg_field_001.jpg

[source: Veg's Corner]

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Ivy's costume looks a bit goofy I think. Looks like her normal outfit but with elements from her 2p in SC2. I'd prefer it being more traditional, or another one in the style of 2P in SC2. But well maybe her 2P looks better. Natsu definitely looks better ingame than her artwork, but I still think Taki is a better design. Zwei looks well, stupid. I think I know why Zwei looks so angry, it must be because of his name. Who'd wanna be named the German word for "two"? What's his little brother called? Ein?

Seeing Ivy's face and the general graphics being identical makes me think. The core assets in SC4 does not take a whole lot of space, just give me the missing characters and their movesets as a bonus (only playable in a special mode or whatever) and I'll be happy. That's a quick and super easy way for them to add a lot of content which appeals to people who's lost their main character.

Good stuff.

The first thing I thought when I saw Ivy's concept art was "Oh shit! They nerfed her boobs!" But then I saw her in-game model, "Nope...No, they're still there. They're just covered..." I kinda like this look for her. It kinda resembles a combination of her P1 costume in SCIII, and her P2 costume in SCII. Hopefully they'll give her back her stances from SCII as well. Then I'll start playin' her again. Wow, a lot of y'all really hated her SCIV P1 costume, huh...? Hmm....I can't think of anything else to say about that. Oh well.

I have to say, Twoki looks a lot better in-game compared to her concept art. Though, that ponytail on top of her head still looks really stupid. Hmm...Maybe Ghengis_John[?] right; maybe she IS just goin' Super...The fact that she's doin' Taki's Fan dance move [B+K, A] kinda has me worried that she's just goin' to be another clone, but I'm still optimistic that she'll be her own character once the game comes out.

Well, I knew that that new guy wasn't goin' to be Raphael, but I thought that guy was for sure goin' to wield an eastern weapon. Dead wrong on that account, Though I still think his weapon's pretty damn cool. deuxhero brought up an intersetin' point about him and the Tira comparison. He does have two wind stream effect colors, and his name does mean two. Hell, he even has a highlight in his hair that resembles Tira's highlight placement on he SCIV P2 costume...! But I wouldn't hold my breathe for this speculation. I'm still really hopin' to see her in this game.

That night stage looks very cool, and the concept of a "boundless" stage really sound intriguin', but I can only imagine stages like that to be a "Turtle's Paradise". So I'm not that excited to see an inclusion of that type of stage in this series.

All in all though, Good Stuff.

Edit: That blue wind stream effect that Zwei has in one of those pics is most likely a Guard Breakin' move. My bad...

Ivy's costume looks a bit goofy I think. Looks like her normal outfit but with elements from her 2p in SC2. I'd prefer it being more traditional, or another one in the style of 2P in SC2. But well maybe her 2P looks better. Natsu definitely looks better ingame than her artwork, but I still think Taki is a better design. Zwei looks well, stupid. I think I know why Zwei looks so angry, it must be because of his name. Who'd wanna be named the German word for "two"? What's his little brother called? Ein?

Seeing Ivy's face and the general graphics being identical makes me think. The core assets in SC4 does not take a whole lot of space, just give me the missing characters and their movesets as a bonus (only playable in a special mode or whatever) and I'll be happy. That's a quick and super easy way for them to add a lot of content which appeals to people who's lost their main character.

I'll only be happy if I get Sgt. Pepper Ivy.

Have you checked Daishi-san's twitter, he seems angry because of this leak, or maybe he did this on purpose but I don't think so.

Windie, I don't expect them to vanish off the net. If people want to see them they can search the net on their own. I know that 8wr doesn't have any obligations to Namco/ProjectSoul, I just think it would be respectful to the company and people behind the game that this website is built around to not promote this leak until the official release.

The pics can be found at vegivo.file.wordpress.com . Whoever was the first to originally leak the pics is the source.

Windie, I don't expect them to vanish off the net. If people want to see them they can search the net on their own. I know that 8wr doesn't have any obligations to Namco/ProjectSoul, I just think it would be respectful to the company and people behind the game that this website is built around to not promote this leak until the official release.

Fair enough, I'm just of the attitude that 'what's done is done'.

where the fk did you get those pictures!!!? kotaku??? supposedly this will be shown at Comic Con I'm so madnes cause Daishi said "Damn, our exclusive deal has been spoiled..." where is the suprises now D:

stages are awesome really....characters are taking a bad bad direction...i mean do they know that this is not tekken .___.?

P.S: that first stage resembles the coliseum, the second reminds me the battle of sekigahara :O

I love the look of the new stage. It's got that epic grandiose theatre feel to it like all good Greek monuments. Hope they include the option to have palette swaps on levels. I always though Wolfkrone in SC4 would be better on fire while under siege as a secondary setting. This new ninja-girl isn't really that exciting..... Where's Tira?

I really like Zwei,he looks mysterious,with a deep voice,and that's what i really love.
Ivy looks better in SC5,her design is more unique.
bout the ninja girl.....i said it all..

Ivy's new outfit has an interesting snake and roses motif to it.

I'm pretty ambivilant about Zwei's design (but I agree he needs to button his damn pants up), but I'm interested to see how he plays.

Seeing a large version Natsu's (Summer?) character art makes me dislike it even more (those feathers, sparkly gems & beads, glittery scabbard & handles, and especially those frikken nails), but thankfully the in game model is more tolerable. I also seems that she hasn't inherited Mekki-Maru from Taki, since neither of her weapons have seals on them, wonder if this means she has more of a dual weapon style then Taki does.

I liked the design of the stage inside what appears to be a Roman colosseum with the giant statues at each of the gates.

I am sooooooooo excited for this game!
I know I am HELLA late but my heart was POUNDING when I saw the new male character! I think I am in love...Raphael who? :P
Naw! jk jk! ;D
But omg...the stages looks so beautiful!!! GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!!!!!
*Nerds out* this game is going to be the SHIT!!!!

Damn, Ivy's look is so classy... I like.
Quite surprised the male silhouette wasn't raph too, but nevertheless he oozes fierce.
Natsu's in-game poses look strikingly similar to Taki's at the mo', but I like her look and will patiently wait for more.

Zwei!? WTF... Interesteing german "name"... seems like he is from a KOF-roster actually.

Ivy... A bit lame... Almost the same look like in SCIV except more clothes....

Blond Taki is really the new Taki...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back