Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I'm currently on my second playthrough of Libra of Soul and earlier today I had quite an unusual experience during one of my travels. I was heading somewhere and got interrupted by a random encounter... and this one was quite different:

1LNSaj7.jpg

pyBlw9u.jpg

IN4JnnK.jpg

XrlNdYo.jpg

I'm currently on my second playthrough of Libra of Soul and earlier today I had quite an unusual experience during one of my travels. I was heading somewhere and got interrupted by a random encounter... and this one was quite different:

1LNSaj7.jpg

pyBlw9u.jpg

IN4JnnK.jpg

XrlNdYo.jpg

MK Reptile has a similar gimmick

Boo! People have started to blatantly cheat in my SC character poll by finding a way to vote multiple times. It's what I expected would happen, but it's a shame it's so easy to do. I would be curious to see what the actual final results would have looked like.

That's what always ends up happening *cough*Talim*cough*

I think people should take a good honest look at SC5 and admit it doesnt deserve the harsh criticisms its had over the years. It was a while ago but i dont recall people complaining too much over online play. It is possible that was partially due to how bad SC4 was by comparison but i dont think that was the entire reason. I remember being satisfied with playing SC5 online.

Go ahead and say what you want about mimics, missing characters and annoying replacements. Truth is, not everyone hated those replacements even if most did. At least you could get online and actually play with them.

The customization was great. HUGE improvements were made from the previous game and that was without any sort of DLC. Now we have to wait for DLC just to get CAS up to par with no word on when it will be available.

I think people should take a good honest look at SC5 and admit it doesnt deserve the harsh criticisms its had over the years. It was a while ago but i dont recall people complaining too much over online play. It is possible that was partially due to how bad SC4 was by comparison but i dont think that was the entire reason. I remember being satisfied with playing SC5 online.

Go ahead and say what you want about mimics, missing characters and annoying replacements. Truth is, not everyone hated those replacements even if most did. At least you could get online and actually play with them.

The customization was great. HUGE improvements were made from the previous game and that was without any sort of DLC. Now we have to wait for DLC just to get CAS up to par with no word on when it will be available.

The netcode is bad LOL.
It’s needs a fix before 2B otherwise it won’t matter how good the game is if a lot of players across all platforms can’t play it.

Netcode should priority at this point I’m sick of the black screen in casual matches, and having to disconnect reconnect my Ethernet cable just for it to last a match or two before I rinse and repeat.

For the love of the holy sword fix the F***ing netcode Namco!

PLEASE!

I still think it's too early to jump onto the buff or nerf train yet. Early impressions of Ivy are resoundingly high, for sure, and she will likely land in the top 3 by the end of it, barring some serious stuff coming forward. There are few aspects of her kit that one might consider wanting. Accepting that you play a strong character is fine. Downside to playing a character with strong tools is that people are going to complain about them, sometimes those complaints have justification, other times they are just inexperience. I advice Ivy players to accept how strong some of her tools are, rather than trying to deflect with poorly thought out rationale (main example for me would be Ivy players saying her close-up game is bad. It's not, it's average at worst.). I play Talim, and I'll preach forever how damn good back-turned Talim is. BT Talim is top 5 in the game~

In the end, Ivy is cheaper than a lot of characters in a game full of cheap characters -- which is great. High power balance is always good.

--

That said, despite saying no nerfs or buffs yet. My current impression of Ivy has me hovering over these changes, all of which remain pending, as time and experience change a lot...

- Some sort of change to her super. I don't care what it is. Make it come out only on successful GI, make it slower, make it do far less damage without a successful GI, make it vulnerable to throws or lows, or anything, and so on. I don't care what they do to it, but I do think it's a very obnoxious move that she really doesn't need to be so prominent in her arsenal. Hell, buff her SC in compensation, I don't care.

- 2A+G: This could easily be something small like an audio change, visual change, or even a slight change from -14 to -16 on block (bothers me you can't punish this move well at all, even when blocked right in her face). Anything to make bridging the gap easier. This tool and it's accompanying mixups are insanely low-risk for the reward. That said, any changes to these still require time on my part, so I wouldn't change anything just yet. Though if it were up to me, there wouldn't be any balance changes for awhile.

- Most important change!: Make it so she can't run half-fuckin' screen and still do a summon suffering. Buffered charges and shit are normal in fighters, but HALF-screen? Patch that shit out. Small dash at best.

Never trust Vergeben when it comes to any game outside of Smash Bros. Ultimate. That guy gets alot of things wrong. >_>

Anyways, I wonder when 2B and the first 50 CaS parts will be released.

We can't pretend about something that doesn't apply. Glad I maybe struck a nerve, hoping that means you're paying attention. Please go do any of the suggestions I gave, all of them are more productive that what you're been doing. They are all solutions. Especially the replays.
You struck nothing more than a hostile core in yourself, with a nice sliver of irony. A suggestion would be to thoroughly read the posts before you intervene with negligent, antagonistic replies. I hope you atleast noticed that it's not about a vocal minority, neither in here or in general. Also guessing she's your main since that would explain alot. Really no need to get offended by having her toolset questioned. Let people have their word as you have yours. There-there now! Kumbayah!

I think people should take a good honest look at SC5 and admit it doesnt deserve the harsh criticisms its had over the years..
SCVI is doing everything it can to be worse… but are we really talking about a game with i6 100 damage combos, with quickstepG that totally made Whole characters and 80% moveset useless for more than a year? and superbackstep winning tournament with 1K?

Oh and let me remember how they repeatedly nerfed trash tiers and buffed god tiers saying they wanted weak characters in the roster......who cares they disappeared from both online and offline forever….

SCV was that bad.

SCVI is a casual mess

P.S: and even during scV after years people never admitted some characters were clearly OP, even scIV Hilde was debated for a lot.

In the end, Ivy is cheaper than a lot of characters in a game full of cheap characters -- which is great. High power balance is always good.
This is the first game where i understood that the antinerf philosophy from the so famous YouTube vid is fallacious.
Or at least i find borderline false advertisement to call it soulcalibur and not supersmashcalibur.

They wanted to turn SC into a casual appealing game to avoid competition with tekken, so they made everyone and everything OP.
SC, GI, aGI, Ce, RE and damage are a clear indicator.

Last edited:
Back