Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Not to mention wonky hitbox/hurtboxes the CaS characters produce. Hence why they’re outright banned in offline tournaments.
That's another sad thing, too. When you introduce a character creator into the game, you get a spectrum of users. Some people genuinely enjoy the creative process and have fun making stuff (perhaps inadvertently screwing with hit boxes along the way, but most likely no malintent). And then you get interwebz trolls who purposely fuck with hit boxes by making blatantly distorted garbage in the character creator, which is a total abuse of what it's there for. 🙄
It can be frustrating enough when you play against people with a spammy fighting style who are using it to get under your skin, but then you add a whole 'nother level to it when you have people dicking around, abusing the character creator while they're at it. That just makes it no fun, imo.

Tldr: me, whining about CaS being abused. I think I got it out of my system now :D

I personally would be happy just having a deep customization on the regular cast instead of having the option to make your own character as that would solve the issue around hit boxes but I image that wouldn't bode well with a large portion of buyers even though the dressup features are still there.

It’s funny you say this, because one of my favorite parts about CaS is the ability for the game to use them to implement minor characters to flesh out the story, lore, and characters.
This. I like that in the story we get to fight a bunch of other random people and it’s not the same main characters all the time. It also adds variety to online cuz playing against the same thing gets boring. They just didn’t implement it correctly for the online though.

After finally having played BDO, I honestly don't think the creation is that good :/ Sure, there are a lot of options but ultimately they don't contribute to the diversity of the characters made; there are hundreds of dials and sliders yet even still your character remains somewhat the same as the default & a lot of the options especially with the hair just looked low quality and didnt perform well

This will sound crazy to some of you, but I found BDO's character creation to be far more disappointing than SCV as a whole. It was touted as the greatest creation in existence, when it first debuted. Despite the sliders, pretty characters, and how beautiful the graphics look, its horribly limited and any "creation" you make is just a variation of the base character. I literally looked through a bunch of created characters and got bored. You have to struggle to make a character not look Korean. Ironically, FFXIV's is even more limited, yet every character you see feels different, even if there's similarities. I hope SC7's creation isn't anything like BDO's

Last edited:
This. I like that in the story we get to fight a bunch of other random people and it’s not the same main characters all the time. It also adds variety to online cuz playing against the same thing gets boring. They just didn’t implement it correctly for the online though.

That's the total opposite for me.

I've 10000 online matches of SFV in its first year of release, i wouldn't have played more than 100 if it has character creation that can be used online.

But i agree with you in the Story mode side, and that one thing i like about CaS, it allow the devs to tell story more easily and in a better way, but when it comes to playing real versus mode or online, nah it should be (for me) SC characters only that can to be used when it comes to this.

This will sound crazy to some of you, but I found BDO's character creation to be far more disappointing than SCV as a whole. It was touted as the greatest creation in existence, when it first debuted. Despite the sliders, pretty characters, and how beautiful the graphics look, its horribly limited and any "creation" you make is just a variation of the base character. I literally looked through a bunch of created characters and got bored. You have to struggle to make a charge not look Korean. Ironically, FFXIV's is even more limited, yet every character you see feels different, even if there's similarities. I hope SC7's creation isn't anything like BDO's
funny how you mention BDO with about 7000hrs in, the actual char creator is really robust and can make some neat chars if you actually tried(depending on your class too), personally would be fine if they just added more faces for us to use in CAS, and personally i'm probably in the very rare minority but I usually main my CAS creations over the main cast alot, so alot more on the customization side would satisfy me alot,

It’s funny you say this, because one of my favorite parts about CaS is the ability for the game to use them to implement minor characters to flesh out the story, lore, and characters.

• But then you lab your main and your combos don't work.
  • Laggy online matches and distorted hit/hurt boxes rob you of ranked matches.
  • Match up knowledge and frame data become extremely inconsistent.

Playing the actual game then becomes unnecessarily frustrating.
Story mode great, just keep them off rank and in causal play only.

But if I had to choose it would be the main cast every single time, even if it meant binning off CaS completely I would do it in a heart beat.

(and this is coming from a player that has used all of his CaS slots)

Soulcalibur characters deserve more I’m just sick of them being forgotten or mishandled because CaS is available, it dilutes the IP.
It feels like the main cast have been told to shut up and sit down in their own house.

funny how you mention BDO with about 7000hrs in, the actual char creator is really robust and can make some neat chars if you actually tried(depending on your class too), personally would be fine if they just added more faces for us to use in CAS, and personally i'm probably in the very rare minority but I usually main my CAS creations over the main cast alot, so alot more on the customization side would satisfy me alot,
It has a good creation tool without a doubt. But it's not as good, and more restrictive, than it was made out to be. You can go online and in-game and guess what character uses what class, because of the similarities they have with the base model.

What soulcalibur really needed to do was mix and match parts of the faces, like eyes, nose, and mouth. There would've been high possibilities from those options. I was hoping SC6 would take that approach.

Last edited:
Adding different types of beards to a face would already be a huge improvement. We have 5 times the same face with beards and moustaches. Mix-and-match-then-sliders face editions would be awesome too...

Creation has a good potential, but it could be better executed in SCVI (among other games where it sucks big time).

I don’t understand how for the past two weeks, AT LEAST seven out of ten online fights are in one of the now two forest stages. I’m getting pissed and my Amy is heavily suffering! I can barely keep my rank normally!

I don’t understand how for the past two weeks, AT LEAST seven out of ten online fights are in one of the now two forest stages. I’m getting pissed and my Amy is heavily suffering! I can barely keep my rank normally!

Really? I feel like the forest is a strong point for Amy unless its Yoshi/Mitsu from my experience.
Or perhaps I just haven't thought to hard about the stages she benefits from.

Really? I feel like the forest is a strong point for Amy unless its Yoshi/Mitsu from my experience.
Or perhaps I just haven't thought to hard about the stages she benefits from.
I’d say smaller stages work well for characters like Yoshi and Amy given their shitty range. Bigger stages can put them in a tougher position, especially against Ivy and Mi-Na. As Voldo, I just generally play a turtling/spacing game against her.

Maybe we'll get a christmas present from PS?
I think they already did.. Kappa
SC VI DLC C (13).jpg
SC VI DLC C (14).jpg

Back