Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

"You'll get nothing and you'll love it!" -namco
At least I still have Pyrrha:
jkkKgpm.jpg

That would be a good Cassandra design if only for the chain mail which otherwise contrasts with Pyrrha’s design even if it’s the closest thing to her design.

The Tournament mode that was recently added thats connected to ESL...has anybody participated yet? Seems like its there for nothing.

Season 2 japanese weapons
• Dual Ninja Kodachi Swords
• Katana
• Dual Katana
• Katana (Guest character)
• Iaito + Umbrella (likely)

I won't deny that Taki fights very differently than Mitsurugi and Yoshimitsu, but visually there's a potential for a shotoclone problem.
I feel like all the japanese fighters all fall into the overall same weapon family of swords (when there could have been a lot of different japanese weapons featured).

• Kusarigama
• Kanabo club
• Dual Sais
• Naginata (though Seong Mina is close)
• Nodachi ( I guess this one isn't that different)

visually there's a potential for a shotoclone problem.
I feel like all the japanese fighters all fall into the overall same weapon family of swords

I think that becomes an issue with all fighting games over time when more characters are added to a game's roaster, up till now Soul Calibur has been pretty lucky to avoid that trapping with having a bunch of exotic weapon styles throughout the series (for example Tira is the only fighting game character I know of that uses a bladed hula hoop as a weapon) but eventually if we want more characters in the future, new characters using weapons from the same weapon family is inevitable.

I'm so curious on how Setsuka will look and play in SC6!!

Give her alpha patroklos move set, it was better. If umbrella moves need to be incorporated, please at least give us a sword without an umbrella.

I love setsuka's moveset and I get that the umbrella makes her unique, but its so limiting for CAS purposes. Alpha Patroklos and Patroklos are the ultimate form of the Iado style and the sword and shield style and I'm saying that even when setsuka and cassandra are my waifus.

I'm so curious on how Setsuka will look and play in SC6!!

Her style is perfect as is. Better than Alpha since the Umbrella move was superior to it's Alpha counterpart.

She doesn't need gimmcks but if they are gonna do gimmicks, then make different animation finishers for her B+K sequence, just like her A+B counter.

Also Setsuka has always been Top Tier in her two games (SC3 and SC4) . Alpha was Top 5 as well but not Top because Viola was broken.

Hopefully she remains strong as always. That's her signature besides the obvious.

Give her alpha patroklos move set, it was better. If umbrella moves need to be incorporated, please at least give us a sword without an umbrella.

I love setsuka's moveset and I get that the umbrella makes her unique, but its so limiting for CAS purposes. Alpha Patroklos and Patroklos are the ultimate form of the Iado style and the sword and shield style and I'm saying that even when setsuka and cassandra are my waifus.

Umbrella is a core part of Setsuka, it will always be a part of her.

Dunno much about Alpha Patro moves tho, i didn't really played him outside of the part where we play him in Story. (But i did played quite a bit Normal Patro tho, and i'm in the minority that think he wasn't too bad as a character, but Alpha Pat was nobody to me lol)

Her style is perfect as is. Better than Alpha since the Umbrella move was superior to it's Alpha counterpart.

She doesn't need gimmcks but if they are gonna do gimmicks, then make different animation finishers for her B+K sequence, just like her A+B counter.

Also Setsuka has always been Top Tier in her two games (SC3 and SC4) . Alpha was Top 5 as well but not Top because Viola was broken.

Hopefully she remains strong as always. That's her signature besides the obvious.

Since mostly every one has their kind of gimmick i'm sure she will have hers, probably around the Umbrella but dunno how.

I made suggestion about what her (and Zwei) style would be a while ago, i need to find this post lol

The game has been pretty balance, i don't think she'll be too strong or too weak, PS has been very careful on balancing thus far, unless they'll decide to make her the SC6 Leroy Kappa (But don't think so)

aPat was up there with Viola. What are you talking about? Nearly everyone among the community put him up there with her, and it was incredibly easy to see why that was the case.

Please, read properly.

I said Alpha was Top 5 but Top Tier was just Viola alone because she was broken. Top 5 in almost every game is Top Tier so there you go.

Again, read....

Back