Weekly Famitsu Reveals Soulcalibur: Lost Swords

• Admin
So if you guys remember, back in July, Namco-Bandai registered a trademark for "Soulcalibur: Lost Swords". A week later, they wrapped up their Comic-con panel, and revealed absolutely nothing about the upcoming title. Well as of this week, the title has been officially revealed in Weekly Famitsu.

According to Gematsu, Soulcalibur: Lost Swords will be a Playstation 3 exclusive free-to-play game in the vein of Tekken Revolution. If its similar to their other F2P titles, the game will be "time-limited" where players must purchase tokens in order to continue playing the game beyond its initial demo hours. Not much more is known about the title, but it will most likely be a slightly modified version of Soulcalibur V.

SC-Lost-Swords-PS3-Ann.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
I said I would never buy SCV.. and I haven't. But seeing how this is free to play... I'm technically not buying it so I might just get this.

No, this isn't like SCV at all. Did you read anything? It's a single-player game, probably more like Soul Calibur Legends if I had to speculate.

I really doubt it´ll be like Legends, i bet on a SCV offline for people who didn´t try SCV

Why? It's a lot of fun, probably my personal favorite FG this generation.

A: I'm a stubborn man. Once I set my mind on something, I don't like to change it.

B: I tried playing it when I was in Korea, and the more I played it, the more I literally felt like I was playing tekken with weapons. If I want to play tekken, I'll play tekken. Soul Calibur lost its appeal to me more and more after 2, and I can barely hold my interest in it now. I'm here on these forums more for the community than I am for the love of the game. hated 3, didn't really feel 4, and 5 doesn't really do anything for me.

that's really about it. But more A, than B... I said I wasn't buying it. and I keep by that.

http://tgs2013.bandainamcogames.co.jp/title_list/aa_ss30.html
"Asked a hundred sword, to the never-ending journey"
appeared in PlayStation 3 Soul Calibur series is 1 person weapon fighting action of the basic toll-free! Aim to greater heights by collecting and equipment battle unfolding in the world a beautiful grand, armor and various weapons!To come by the sword the strongest it's you!
By the sound of it, it seems like it could be similar to Tower of Lost Souls/Chronicles of the Sword/etc. You fight a match and if certain requirements are met, you unlock something for CaS. The problem is, since this is supposedly singleplayer only, the only person able to see these creations is the player. Of course, this is just my guess. I could be wrong about this [although I hope I am].

Edit: Wait a minute...
Tower of Lost Souls
SoulCalibur: Lost Swords

...uh oh...

Zasalamel pls.

and hopefully, if it has CAS , they'll make the armor breaking/stripping optional for certain parts, like sc4ccedit.

if they won't include CAS, fine for me, tho I never really cared for F2P Fighting Games, such a limited cast, I much rather have a new updated SCV. (the nonCAPCOM/DoA5 way)

Free to Play is technically another word for "Extended Demo" in which you pay money for everything in the game.... =P Give me a price, take my money, thank you!

I don't need free crap... I have money! If I want a game, I buy it... If I get something for free it's either a special deal, I stole it, or it means I'm going to end up paying for it a long the road in a highly obnoxious manner.... =_=;

1) Help to me japanese make the translation please.

2) What is up with the red weapon arcs ? The green hexagonal hitspark animation signifies what ? The green aura emanating from the green opponent ?

3) Siegfried's armor is more silvery, and has a blue cape rather than green cape. What sorta other ground breaking changes can we expect ?

You're right. More exposure for Calibur is a bad thing. What in blazes was I thinking...

See Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens: Colonial Marines for how exposure can be a bad thing. I'm guessing it won't break through the wall of fanboy delusion that you have up, but for the last time things like the quality of the game and meeting/exceeding fan expectations are more important than exposure.

Note I'm not saying Lost Swords will be a bomb like the aforementioned games, but IMO based on the information thus far, Namco looks to have already dropped the ball.

I noticed a few other things:
1. The helmet in the Mitsu pic was dlc, wasn't it? So is dlc items being included? With this, CaS, is obviously confirmed (including special items with that metal piece on the head).
2. What's with the attack with the red lightning from Sieg?
3. Why did Sieg and Mitsu swap their weapon trail colors? This wasn't possible with 1Ps/2Ps in SCV
4. It seems like they're going to reuse the original Project Soul logo instead of the new one.

Live streams

5 Viewers
duskybook342150
duskybook342150
💙🙃💋 adult content [18+] and 420 friendly, 🎙️mic optional
1 Viewers
blue_beards_ultimate_time
blue_beards_ultimate_time
CAN YOU STOP THE EVIL BLUE BEARD MY VIEWERS GIVE IT YOUR BEST AND HAVE FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back