Yoshimitsu Web Theater.

02Feb10
Furzy :sc2yos2: VS :sc1ast1: Saitoh : 3-5
Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:

Videos against his Kilik will follow when I have a little more time :p

There's a long series of me vs. Manta uploaded to my YouTube now. The games get a bit silly as time go on, but that's the nature of the match-up. I'm still probing Manta for tricks to beat him. I imagine he's doing the same for me in these casuals.

Manta v HajimeOwari

Furzy: Nice matches! Glad to see your game always evolving. I'm happy to see someone else finally using 44bAg into various things. That's probably one of my favorite offensive setups. Four things...

1) Why do you back up once you have Astaroth on the ground (i.e. after a throw or a 3B while he's grounded)? You only follow him some of the time.

2) Why so little iMCF? I'm not saying spam it, but it seems like he was eager to attack after pokes like AA and BB. A follow-up iMCF would have forced him to start respecting your pokes more.

3) Punish Asta's 4KK! -18!

4) The FC 1K series is pretty dangerous. Seems like Saitoh knows that. Even if you hit the JF you're still at a massive disadvantage. If your opponent starts punishing you for it, it's best to make them guess between the 2-4 attacks or just stop using it altogether.

Yo hajime, in that vid you posted. From 3:34 to 3:37.
Is that guaranteed damage for every character or just Voldo?
And very cool vid =)

Furzy: Nice matches! Glad to see your game always evolving. I'm happy to see someone else finally using 44bAg into various things. That's probably one of my favorite offensive setups.
Yup, I used it more against Keev and now against Saitoh. I really start loving it ^^

1) Why do you back up once you have Astaroth on the ground (i.e. after a throw or a 3B while he's grounded)? You only follow him some of the time.
Didn't notice that, but there might be several reasons, like if I have more life than him, I prefer to take some distance since I don't really fear anything from Astaroth from long range. Also, keep in mind that a blocked 3B = free throw attempt for Astaroth ;) I just don't think it's worth it :)

2) Why so little iMCF? I'm not saying spam it, but it seems like he was eager to attack after pokes like AA and BB. A follow-up iMCF would have forced him to start respecting your pokes more.
Simple, I can't do it consistently. Certainly a great tool against astaroth, but i'm a scrub in iMCF execution :p

3) Punish Asta's 4KK! -18!
right, thanks

4) The FC 1K series is pretty dangerous. Seems like Saitoh knows that. Even if you hit the JF you're still at a massive disadvantage. If your opponent starts punishing you for it, it's best to make them guess between the 2-4 attacks or just stop using it altogether.
At first he never punished it, he did a (blocked) bullrush instead. In the end, he started punishing it with a crouch throw so yeah, it becomes risky. I'll use whatever works though, until it doesn't work anymore :p

Thanks for the comments :)

@NamuSkull: I think the 3B launch was like a tech trap and the DNK after earsclicer only works if the opponent stops at a wall after it.

@Hajime. How comes you use so little throws? Doesn't Yoshi have a good throwgame? Or has Voldo too many too good TCs to avoid it?

Nice matches Furzy ! You did well vs Saitoh.
I hope to play you soon. Have you had the time to work on Yoshimitsu vs Amy ?

Tresto: Not really, we don't have any Amy players here :p Looking forward to see you and play you again ^^ See you at cannes?

I'll use whatever works though, until it doesn't work anymore :p

Of course, of course. =) Had to check, though.

@NamuSkull: I think the 3B launch was like a tech trap and the DNK after earsclicer only works if the opponent stops at a wall after it.

It's not really a tech trap. It's a pseudo-tech trap / forced block kind of thing depending on how they tech.

a:B+K into the wall or into an edge usually results in a free DNK. Your distance from the opponent is the big factor on whether it will hit or not, though.

@Hajime. How comes you use so little throws? Doesn't Yoshi have a good throwgame? Or has Voldo too many too good TCs to avoid it?

Manta likes to twitch duck and uses annoyingly evasive moves often. Furthermore, we've played enough to the point that he knows I'm going to throw occasionally. If you watch the rest of the videos (I didn't link them because i'm too lazy, but there's seven of them) you'll see me throw more often.

Nice vid Hajime !!

It's interesting to know that aB+K misses so often for everyone. This is weird but it seems we didn't miss it so much a few month ago. Maybe we think it's not a very difficult move and we don't pay enough attention.

I also noticed a lot of 1K 8K (+DNK?) attempt. Furzy infected you? lol
In the same way you can 1K dash~G aB+K 66B/DNK/8A+B. Pretty good for ring out too.

1K 8K DNK is not a guaranteed combo.

like Hajime said:
a:B+K into the wall or into an edge usually results in a free DNK. Your distance from the opponent is the big factor on whether it will hit or not, though.
Same thing with 8K.

Personally I prefer 1K 4AAAAA 44bB aB+K at least it's "guaranteed" ^_____^

Oh ok. Do you perhaps play online, rddk?
I know online is like the special olympics, but I really would like to fight you and hajime for some good fun.
My Xbox-live is ArcadiaZero. I know I have NamuSkull as my true profile, but it doesn't have gold.

Oh ok. Do you perhaps play online, rddk?
I know online is like the special olympics, but I really would like to fight you and hajime for some good fun.
My Xbox-live is ArcadiaZero. I know I have NamuSkull as my true profile, but it doesn't have gold.
yep, I play on the XBL (see my gametag in my last vid
^^") I don't think our connection is excellent but we can always try... Just add me.

Absolutely hillarious video Hajime. You and Manta are my favorite players for Yoshi and Voldo to watch and here's the dream video xD too much good stuff to mention. omg!!! thx

Nice vid Hajime !!

It's interesting to know that aB+K misses so often for everyone. This is weird but it seems we didn't miss it so much a few month ago. Maybe we think it's not a very difficult move and we don't pay enough attention.

Yeah. I'm a bit rusty on execution, so I miss those a:B+Ks and iMCFs sometimes. Getting it back, though!

I also noticed a lot of 1K 8K (+DNK?) attempt. Furzy infected you? lol
In the same way you can 1K dash~G aB+K 66B/DNK/8A+B. Pretty good for ring out too.

You're mistaken. I infected Furzy with that stupidity. =) I figured out the 1K to RO nonsense about a year ago, but I only recently put up a vid of it. 1K, g8K can RO further than dash, a:B+K, DNK, I believe. Less execution heavy, too. ^_^ It can even RO over low walls at the perfect distance / height. I don't think anyone would be able to setup a low wall RO on a regular basis, though. It's hard to judge the distance.

Absolutely hillarious video Hajime. You and Manta are my favorite players for Yoshi and Voldo to watch and here's the dream video xD too much good stuff to mention. omg!!! thx

Glad we were able to amuse you. ^_^ You'd think the games would get less crazy as time goes on, but they just get sillier as we try and deal with each others nonsense.

Not much, but here's a vid of me against Bun. I lost the two remaining parts so only part 1 is available.

Furzy (Yoshi) VS Saitoh (Kilik) : 5-4
Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:

Back